Latitude 7389 - installation of 2nd SSD

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Jay Siquelius 2, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Jay Siquelius 2

Jay Siquelius 2 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hallo,

I have a Dell Latitude 7389 and would like to install a second SSD. On the German Dell Website it is possible to order a Dell Latitude 7389 with 2 SSDs. Additionally, the Bios has the option to activate/deactivate different SSDs as well. Because of several reasons I ordered the Latitude 7389 with one SSD and bought the second SSD M2. PCIe at a different store.

Unfortunately, I am not able to install the 2nd SSD. There is no connector on the motherbard to connect the SSD. The owner's manual does not give any advice, too.

Any ideas/help?

kind regards
    Jay Siquelius

2. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I think the only idea I can think of is return the SSD you bought, and buy the largest one you can find and replace the current ssd. I looked and cannot find any information on your model for repair etc.

3. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Some of the Latitudes will accept a 2nd SSD in the WWAN card slot. I had a Transcend MTS400 SATA M.2 2242 SSD working in the WWAN slot of my Latitude 5570 (data only and not bootable). However, I've never seen this arrangement officially offered by Dell. I would also note that the BIOS has at least two SSD options because both an SATA SSD and a PCIe SSD will work in the main SSD slot.

John