Latitude 7370

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by acruxksa, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Johnmcl7

Johnmcl7 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've had a read through the article thanks, answers my question about price as well as I see you got an outlet discount.

I've been keeping an eye on the outlet prices but they're pretty high at £900+, I think ideally I'd be after the Core m5/8GB/256GB/FHD sort of spec scratch and dent but I think even that would be around £800 which is around twice the price I paid off the Outlet for the Latitude 11/13 even though they were better spec (WWAN and double batteries). I think maybe unless there's an outlet discount it's probably not worth going for.

John

2. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    The time to buy one of these was last August(?) when there was a 50% coupon - I was tempted to buy a second 7370! This 7370 on ebay is from Dell Outlet and is 10% cheaper than the equivalent on Outlet (and both have the FPR so won't take the 43Whr battery). However, it's not a bargain. I've seen a couple of 7380s briefly appear at the Outlet but they don't stay long since the pricing is similar to the 7370. The underlying problem is, I think, that Intel's pricing of the Core m CPUs didn't reflect the lower performance.

John

3. Johnmcl7

Johnmcl7 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Core-m pricing is similar to the equivalent ULV's but the real price I guess could be higher due to the lack of popularity. Outlet prices don't seem great at the moment, the Latitude 11 and 13 which are both core m5/8GB/256GB/1080p/LTE and were £420/£480 respectively. I have been looking at the ebay 7370's as I did get a good deal on the Latitude 12 from there although the ebay ones seem pricey and mostly have minimal warranty or no warranty (and a removed service tag) which seems odd to me as I thought these machines would have the three year warranty by default. I would be tempted if they were cheap but they're not much cheaper than the Dell ones.

I did notice the 7280 prices which are a little annoying as they seem a fair bit cheaper than the 7370s.

John