Latest VPC-Z1/330M Drivers for the BIOS Hack People

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by ComputerCowboy, Aug 10, 2011.

1. NuShrike

NuShrike Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Manually repatched to 341.95

Attached Files:

Juerg and anytimer like this.
  2. Juerg

Juerg Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm replacing the Sony Z1 OEM Nvidia driver v 8.16.11.8880 on Win7, all in preparation for a Win10 upgrade. I've got an australasian Z128GG.

The BIOS is already flashed thanks to ComputerCowboy's / paul3000h generous help.

I have installed latest Nvidia 341.95 driver and used NuShrike's above inf file. Many thanks!
    (The patcher v4.8 did not work because it freezes the screen on the Nvidia splash screen logo.)

The setup ran fine, and my system looks good so far: Func+F5/F6 working fine, Func+F7 works fine (though in Speed Mode only), HDMI, primary and secondary monitor all great.

I assume it is best to leave it in speed mode at all times now.

Many thanks to ComputerCowboy, NuShrike, Paul3000h and Galaxyge. You guys rock!!!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    timwjohn and galaxyge like this.
  3. galaxyge

galaxyge Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Using Stamina mode is still possible (flip the switch, then reboot) and I use it when travelling, when on battery to save power.
    The Intel driver gets updated by Windows update if you enable it for device drivers (just temporary to be on the safe side)

Regarding Windows 10, I would recommend go for clean install directly. There is another thread on here how to do that..

Congrats and good luck

Juerg likes this.
  4. Juerg

Juerg Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you Galaxyge for explaining, now I can understand how this works.

I will attempt a clean install over the coming weeks. I found the other thread, very good too indeed!

Before finding these threads I started to believe that I will be stuck on Win7 forever with Sony's abandoned hardware/drivers. Many thanks!

galaxyge likes this.
  5. paul3000h

paul3000h Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I am trying to update my W7 (not w10) driver to 341.95 latest driver but cannot. message says 'data is invalid'
    I have used v7 and v8 of the patcher and also NuShrike's substitute inf file above with same result, please help. I have often updated in the past with no problems.

6. galaxyge

Reputations:
    @paul3000h
    I recommend editing the nvcti.inf file manually in that case. Just insert your gfx card hardware id for the according card found in the strings section. It's easy and explained here in the forum.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Paloseco likes this.
  7. paul3000h

paul3000h Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I spent hours looking but can't find an exact instructions.

All for W7 NOT W10

What is the edit for my card id do I substitute this
    VEN_10DE&DEV_0A29&SUBSYS_9067104D
    with this VEN_10DE&DEV_0A2B&SUBSYS_905A104D ?
    What is the edit for VGA?
    What is the edit for brightness control?
    Any other edits?

NuShrike could you please tell me all the edits needed then in future I can mod all the new drivers myself. Maybe the edits for both W7 and W10 then they will help others.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  8. paul3000h

paul3000h Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    This is the W7 x64 V341.95 file I modified but it won't work 'data is invalid' message.

attached file is my modified file and a pic of what I changed using previous V341.81 places to make changes.

Attached Files:

9. galaxyge

Reputations:
    Look into device manager, properties of your gfx card. Details ->hardware-Id. It's enough if you insert the code until PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_xxxx
    Sorry, I have a different card so unfortunately cannot tell you yours.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

10. paul3000h

paul3000h Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I do have my correct hardware ID as above and I am thinking that my modded files are ok and something else is causing this.

I re- patched my exixting older version using the patch tool from post 1 Computer Cowboy which I did originally but this time the same patched file gives 'data is invalid' message as well as the latest version one..