Latest VPC-Z1/330M Drivers for the BIOS Hack People

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by ComputerCowboy, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I wonder why it is looking there in the first place. Did you delete the driver folder or something?

Permissions in folder access can be a real PITA sometimes. I'm going mad at work trying to set up a shared folder on an XP embedded machine to be accessed from a Win7 x64 machine. It keeps asking me for a username and password, rejecting every combination of the two that I can think of.

2. e.v.o

e.v.o Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sorry,.. but please google it yourself. You will need Windows SDK and WDK. It's really easy. Just three three commands on the cmd

3. cyclone5

cyclone5 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey ComputerCowboy, are you still using your Z1 to drive a GT 570 via external GPU by any chance? Following your input, this setup has served me well for 4 years, but after upgrading my Z1 to windows 10 (clean install) and installing the latest NVIDIA drivers, I am only able to display to a monitor connected to the card's DisplayPort. For each of the DVI ports the Z1 seems to detect these screens (Dell U3011s) but they remain blank/on standby.

Reluctant to downgrade to Windows 8.1 but this seems like the only option at this stage.

I did also try a different external graphics card (ATI HD 5870 which only has mini DiplayPort outputs) in this setup and that works with multiple screen for a few minutes then crashes in a big heap.

Any thoughts you or anyone else may have on this would be greatly appreciated!

4. timwjohn

timwjohn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys. Is anybody else getting the issue of a white screen and unresponive machine occasionally when resuming from hibernation?

5. Mesenzio

Mesenzio Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Now that you mention it I remember having similar problems a while ago, in fact I deactivated hibernation entirely. I was still on Windows 8 though.

6. timwjohn

Reputations:
    It's strange, because it happened a few times in one week, but hasn't happened since for about a fortnight and I've hibernated at least once a day.

7. galaxyge

galaxyge Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Timwjohn,
    have you played with the Windows Fast Startup feature? I have it under suspicion to conflict. Here no issues anymore since I deactivated it.

anytimer likes this.
  8. timwjohn

Reputations:
    I haven't played with that feature, no. But I didn't think it applied to hibernation..? I could be wrong - will look into it, thanks!

9. Chen Chun Chieh

Chen Chun Chieh Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi! Sony VPCZ135GW not update BIOS HACK ?? Thank you

10. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    VPCZ135GW should be eligible for the BIOS HACK. The instructions are in the first post of this thread. Let us know here if you have any problems following the instructions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.