Latest VPC-Z1/330M Drivers for the BIOS Hack People

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by ComputerCowboy, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nadim-aziz

nadim-aziz Newbie

Reputations:

Hi anytimer.

Are you able to post instructions for a clean install for win 10 on a Vaio vpcz1?

I'm currently using Win7 and would love to upgrade providing all drivers work as expected.

Many thanks

2. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I'm waiting for an activation issue to be resolved by Microsoft before doing the clean install. The upgrade in place went rather well, as I have mentioned in a couple of threads, but I want tobe sure that my activation is good before I do the clean install, or I'll have to put in my old HDD and reinstall my original OS from there, and then upgrade.

I expect everything to work, but we might need to disable driver updates - they are automatic on Windows 10 - otherwise we'll end up with broken drivers as soon as we connect to the internet.

3. Mesenzio

Mesenzio Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I updated my VPCZ to Windows 10 and I can confirm that the 341.44 drivers for Windows 8.1 works great with ComputerCowboy VGA Patch, icluding the brightness buttons!

4. Splitlog

Splitlog Newbie

Reputations:
    That's interesting. I have made the update 2 weeks ago and tried to install the 341.44 since then without success. The patch worked, i could lauch the install, accept the terms of contract but driver setup failed at about 30%.
    Fyi, i have my bios hacked for more than a year, and i never had any issues before.
    I would love to know how you've proceed to install the drivers.

5. anytimer

Reputations:
    I am now running 341.74, the first Windows 10 driver that supports 330M. ComputerCowboy's patch works fine with this. Installed without any trouble.

Note: my system has been upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, which was already permanently in test mode, and stayed that way after the upgrade. I might have difficulties when I do a clean install - I think enabling test mode in Windows 10 is a little bit more troublesome - but for now everything is going great.

Splitlog likes this.
  6. Mesenzio

Reputations:
    Switched to stamina, then I uninstalled the old drivers, then run Display Driver Uninstaller in test mode.

Back in normal Windows but still in stamina, I ran the driver installer to unpack. Patched the files (I used the VGA Patch).

Restart Windows in test mode, TURN WI-FI OFF and switched to speed mode.

Ran the installer and everything was good.

Nah, same procedure, you can search for "advanced" in the start menu and you'll find "Change advanced start-up options", and you can restart in test mode from there.

P.S. I forgot to mention to swith the wi-fi off before restarting in Speed Mode, so that Windows does not download its drivers for the gt330m! (added in the text now)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    Splitlog likes this.
  7. Mesenzio

Reputations:
  8. anytimer

Reputations:
  9. Mesenzio

Reputations:
    LOL, totally missed that :)

10. Splitlog

Splitlog Newbie

Reputations:
    Big thanks to everyone, i've missed the test mode part...
    The 341.74 is running fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.