Latest VPC-Z1/330M Drivers for the BIOS Hack People

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by ComputerCowboy, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splitlog

Splitlog Newbie

Reputations:
    I would like to say huge thanks to all the contributors on this forum. I've installed the last 340.52 without problem on my VPCZ13M8E/B, incredible! My windows performance got a nice little upgrade and i can now play games like FIFA 14, Battlefield 4.
    All the explanations were clear, links good, perfect.
    I also got a caddy with a 1Tb hard drive instead of the burner, got an expresscard with 2 USB 3.0 port and a 1080p display with the help of other posts on the forum.
    Sharing information helps a lot of people, especially the ones like me that are not capable to find those incredible tweaks.
    Got a small question though if i may, I was wondering if it was possible to set the bios to dynamic after the driver installation done and get the switch back to work as normal.
    Cheers

2. ComputerCowboy

ComputerCowboy Sony Fanboy

Reputations:
    If you set it to dynamic it won't work as you expect unless you use the very old drivers from Sony

The whole point of the BIOS hack and the Nvidia drivers in this post are to run either Intel or Nvidia with a reboot. You can't get dynamic switching with the setup detailed in this thread.

3. Splitlog

Splitlog Newbie

Reputations:
    Ok, that's perfectly fine with me. I just wanted to make sure in case i had missed something. Thanks again for the great work you've done.

4. Perscitus

Perscitus Newbie

Reputations:
    Looks like the v4.7 patcher is no longer working with v334.24 and the newest v344.48 'Game Ready' series notebook drivers.

Test Mode enabled
    Previous drivers cleaned
    VGA and 3D Vision patch

v334.48 - patch applies normally, installer fails to detect hardware
    v334.24 - patched 0 lines, installer fails to detect hardware

5. ComputerCowboy

Reputations:
    I'll look into it

6. ComputerCowboy

Reputations:
    nvidiadriverversions.PNG

i don't see said drivers

7. OllB

OllB Newbie

Reputations:
    Its great that your still giving your time and knowledge to this, much appreciated.

NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce 340.52 Driver WHQL

NVIDIA System Information report created on: 11/03/2014 21:31:19
    System name: VAIO-Z

[Display]
    Operating System: Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
    DirectX version: 11.0
    GPU processor: GeForce GT 330M
    Driver version: 340.52

Any thoughts on where we might get to with 4k via USB 3.0 Expresscard? The Vi-dock is a bit pricey for me at present, but that seems the only way to get 60fps that I know of.

USB 3.0 to Displayport 4K Graphics Adapter - Graphic solutions GeForce & Radeon

http://www.goodway.com.tw/ca/product3.asp?listid=0&id=13&subid=81&pid=1049&typeid=

8. Perscitus

Perscitus Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for checking ComputerCowboy.
    You need to pull up the driver set for 900M or 800M series cards to see them.
    Hopefully they can be patched, if not I'm on 340.52 right now- working great. Capture.JPG

9. ComputerCowboy

Reputations:
    This patch is not for 800M/900M it is for 300M
    Why would I be concerned with 900M drivers when all Z1 machines have 330M chips?

I just patched and installed the latest 340.52 and it works flawlessly.

-Jeff

10. timiboy

timiboy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Boah guys,

since I did not get any reply on how to install Andrew08's modified drivers I decided to go the BIOS-hack way :) The process went trough smoothly (I used the updated rules for EU Z's and the now available 2.7.6.1 Version of Python). The BIOS got flashed easily, then I downloaded 340.52 nVidia Drivers and patched them. I uninstalled the original Sony drivers before installing the patched ones. Finally I have appropriate NVidia drivers to run recent software :)

Since I was not sure from the instructions I enabled test mode, patched VGA mode and 3D and then run the installer. During Installation I got a question if I am sure that I want to install unsigned drivers and clicked YES :) After installation and reboot I disabled Test Mode.

For the moment I can say all runs fine in Speed/NVidia mode.

After a reboot in Stamina mode I installed Intel Utility for the automatic Driver detection 2.0. It found a newer VGA Drivers and a newer chipset Driver. I decided to load only the VGA driver so far and after a reboot I am running the newest available Intel driver as well! Guess it will save some battery when I am not in Need of graphics power.

I can say that now the Z1 is even stronger than it was :) The dynamic switching is nice, but not a killer when it comes to much better functionality at the moment!

Timiboy

galaxyge likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.