Latest VPC-Z1/330M Drivers for the BIOS Hack People

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by ComputerCowboy, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XTACTIC

XTACTIC Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey, I am now doing this. It worked great. But how come I just can't download and run the driver from nvidia site without using that 10 line patcher tool?

I really still hope that they can incorporate the latest drivers and use the tri-switch selector though, i don't keep tabs that much with the latest happenings on this forum -- lemme know?

also, is nvidia update a necessary component to install? my guess is that won't work on the fly?

^-- scratch that, i just did a quick search and found out why. so it's discontinued support for the hybrid technology. oh well.
    =\

2. ComputerCowboy

ComputerCowboy Sony Fanboy

Reputations:
    Sony has a custom implementation of the 330M, their specific hardware ID for the 330M is not in the nVidia INF

Here is what nVidia has to say about this
    That is probably not going to happen, hybrid is dead... your best hope is Optimus, but there are too many issues with Optimus right now.
    I doubt the updater will work since a hacked INF is required. When I update from one release to the next I uninstall all nVidia stuff first then use the clean install option to install the new driver.

3. XTACTIC

Reputations:
    ^- thanks for all the enlightenment! =)

Well i've finally settled for static policy as a result. I am getting 6.5 in WEI now, vs 6.4, stock without overclock. And with overclock, i still get 6.5 in WEI. LOL.
    But i actually get about 22% more frames per second in general, so WEI is NER -- not even real.

4. ComputerCowboy

Reputations:
    You have to do a lot of changes to get even a tenth of a point in WEI. For example the i7 620M and i7 640M both get a 6.9

I also fell like it is harder to move the WEI score if you are already over six points. It is easier to make a change on a crappy old slow computer and improve your WEI score. The fact is unless you change hardware of do some major tweaking your WEI should be about the same.

We all know that WEI is a crappy benchmark, it is nice to have something consistent across all Windows 7 computers though. I have to admit that once I got my numbers up I started liking the WEI a lot better!
    [​IMG]

5. shurcooL

shurcooL Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    How do you have a GTX 570 in a laptop?!

Edit: Never mind, I read your sig. :p That's pretty cool.

6. ComputerCowboy

Reputations:
  7. XTACTIC

Reputations:
    Hey CC, I was just rebooting to try the Intel mode, but apparently I have to reinstall the driver for nvidia/intel everytime I change from one to the other??

Everytime i reboot into either nvidia/intel, i get low resolution and standard video display driver installed. WTH?

8. ComputerCowboy

Reputations:
    That should not be... the first time you boot to Intel if you have been using speed the whole time you will have to install the Intel drivers, subsequent boots should not yield an uninstalled driver state. Are you using Windows 7?

9. XTACTIC

Reputations:

Yes i'm using windows 7 ultimate.

i installed the nvidia drivers while in speed mode, and i was running that for about 2-3 days. then i decided that i will reboot in stamina and install the intel drivers, all is good. then i decided to reboot with speed mode, and vice versa and now neither of them will work once the other driver is installed??
    this is real crappy

10. ComputerCowboy

Reputations:
    that is not the way it works here, very strange

Perhaps untinstall both drivers completely and start fresh?

Make sure your BIOS is set up like this
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.