Latest VPC-Z1/330M Drivers for the BIOS Hack People

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by ComputerCowboy, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ComputerCowboy

ComputerCowboy Sony Fanboy

Reputations:
    No problem, glad I could help.

2. ComputerCowboy

Reputations:
    I am also having a problem with the screen going to crap if I unplug HDMI.

The good thing is that I have my power button set to shut down the computer. What is interesting is that it will unfreeze the screen and go to the shutdown screen after being all messed up. So it isn't totally frozen. It is just a bit weird. Perhaps a workaround would be to plug in an HDMI and use "windows+P" to change screens and maybe that would unfreeze it.

I am pleased to have found out that it isn't totally jammed up but actually just a rendering issue of sorts.

3. PilotA256

PilotA256 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

Just completed the BIOS hack (finally brought myself to format my USB etc!), so very pleased with that :D
    So, found this to install the drivers. A few questions before I dive in to new drivers:

1) I take it you have to patch the drivers even after the hack, you can't just install directly from the NVidia website?
    2) I noticed there are 2 prepatched drivers, 3D and VGA, which one should I use? I have my laptop connected via HDMI to a monitor so somewhat assume VGA won't work with HDMI but want to make sure.
    3) The patching software goes from 314.07 down. I assume that means if I tried to install the latest driver (331.82) it wouldn't work? And if not, any chance an update for the patcher could be released for the new driver versions? ;)

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Anthony :)

4. ComputerCowboy

Reputations:
    1. You must patch the drivers, the BIOS hack enables you to run patched drivers
    2. The VGA patch will allow the VGA output to work but not HDMI, normally you just want to run the 3D patch
    3. The patch will work with all the latest drivers, it may not work with some very old drivers, whenever there is a new driver that has a breaking change I update the patch to make it work.

5. Blahman

Blahman Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone else getting a blank screen when resuming from sleep with recent drivers, e.g. 331.82?

6. ComputerCowboy

Reputations:
    Yea, others have experienced it, I have found that it is not jammed up when this happens though. I was thinking maybe we could come up with a workaround like a macro for a resolution change to see if that fixes it. Or plug it into a monitor and see what happens. I know this is not something you can do whilst mobile, but you know just for testing purposes.

Hibernate and resume works fine though.
    I use, stamina/intel when I am on the go, so this is not much of an issue for me.

7. PilotA256

PilotA256 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

Cool, thanks for the help! Now time to start installing the latest driver with the 3D patch then :)

Anthony

8. ComputerCowboy

Reputations:
    I've updated the first post in this thread with some new links and bug/feature listings
    latest pre-patched drivers are also linked

9. ComputerCowboy

Reputations:
    I have found that if you come back from sleep and it is jammed up you can hibernate and then power back up and it will be fixed.
    I have to do some more tests and find a better workaround

10. Elrinth

Elrinth Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    infpatcher 4.5 could have a warning message instead of crashing when nvidia folder doesn't exist :)

var files = (new DirectoryInfo(txtPath.Text).GetFiles("*.inf")); <- breaks on this line.

awesome work tho!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.