Latest Control Center 5.0001.1.46 (Link Included)

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Addo, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Addo

Addo Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey y'all! So, I've recently ordered the Eurocom Sky MX5 R3 and I've been looking around for the latest drivers. I've also used the Obsidian Tool to update the drivers. However, when I was searching the downloads/services on the official Clevo site, I found a newer Control center (5.0001.1.46) exhibited. Obsidian's latest CC was at 5.0001.1.07.

Anyways, all the download links on Clevo's site are broken. With a bit more searching for a valid link, I've snatched one from pro-star's site (though it was very slow to download).

I had issues with previous CC's not being able to launch the built-in CPU OC tool, this one seems to fix the issue. Anyways, here's the link hosted on Mega.nz.

Download CC 5.0001.1.46

steberg and yasinsil like this.
  2. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

John@OBSIDIAN-PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Updating the app as we speak.
    There´s a good reason why we removed the OC tool (we manually edited the driver), it´s crap and uses the sucky Intel XTU service.
    I even recommend getting a BIOS version that actually allows you to disable XTU support in BIOS.

Georgel likes this.
  3. Addo

Addo Newbie

Reputations:
    I figured as much. For the past few days, I had a horrible experience using the built-in OC tool. Also, any changes in the OC tool were reflected on the BIOS values as well. Still using TT though and Eurocom's/Clevo's bios allows changing voltage/clocks but not as extensively as TT does.

Anyways, I'd like to take this chance to thank you John for the Obsidian Tool. A very fluent interface and great ease for updating drivers. :)

4. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    thread bookmarked :D

5. tijgert

tijgert Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @john, do you keep the original version number intact when you add the modded CCC to your app?

6. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    I only change two things in the oem.ini file:

XTUFANTABLE and the Version Number (usually it says "Control Center Vxxxxx" and i change to the number only).

Georgel likes this.
  7. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I tried installing both this latest variant and the Obsidian variant, neither doesn't seem to solve the fans spinning too fast problem I am experiencing, regardless of whether the XTUfan table is active or not

8. John@OBSIDIAN-PC

Reputations:
    Reset the BIOS:
    Turn Off
    Press FN+D+Power untill it turns on.
    A message should appear in the screen saying there was a reset.

9. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Did it :(

At least to confirm...

I am running a 4.0 GHz, -100mV, 6700K CPU, and with 10 tabs of Notebookreview I am getting 80% fan speed on CPU, and even if I close those, they stay on. Even watching a movie is hard since the fans are so loud, at no virtual load.

10. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Maybe the load of 10 Notebookreview Tabs is not as light as I would have thought, or maybe I took in a little virus and it is time for a full Windows Reinstall. The catch is that the system shows max 15% CPU load when this happens,...