Laptops with best quality display/ quantum dots?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by xboxhaxorz, Jan 6, 2020.

1. xboxhaxorz

xboxhaxorz Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I currently have the Asus Nx500 which has an amazing display however its getting older and well approaching age 6 i feel its set to die soon, i wanted to leap into OLEDs but i feel i should wait for long term reviews on them

I havent been able to find any other laptops with the quantum dots, prior to this i had an Asus with IPS which was great but going from that to the 4k quantum dots was clearly an improvement

Im not a gamer, aside from occasionally playing the sims, 99% of my usage is web browsing

2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    xps 15

3. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    If you;re just browsing the web and you're happy with it otherwise, I say keep it until it breaks, then consider getting a new machine. Given the usage, a new notebook won't make a lick of difference in the performance department. OLEDs are the best displays, but they're still fairly new and are still working out the kinks like screen burn in. The longer you can wait, the more likely it is they'll have worked these out. It's not like OLED is a 10/10 and the best of the rest is 3/10.

JRE84 likes this.
  4. Galm

Galm "Stand By, We're Analyzing The Situation!"

Reputations:
    If you're really focused on display quality and are weary of OLED, the HP Zbook Studio G5 (maybe the G6 is out now?) was one of the best displays I'd ever seen.

After calibration it measured 98% aRGB from an i1Display Pro. Which was pretty phenomenal. It's not an HDR panel technically, but it's still extremely bright and extremely color accurate.

NBC concluded similarly though they address that 98% is from a 2D Model not 3D in regards to the measuring of aRGB.