Laptops with 32GB of ram

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by 32ram, Feb 10, 2020.

1. 32ram

32ram Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i'd like a list of good laptop recommendations that:
    1. has 16g ram
    2. or 32g ram
    3. or is easily upgradable to 32g ram (easily upgradable is like 1-click or press to open laptop)
    thats the main requirement

and from that list ill the lowest cost option

these are things preferred, they arent required:
    1. large res
    2. large screen size
    3. ppi >120 to >180
    4. ideally a display ratio close/near to 1:1
    from the list of recommendations, ill pick the best that comes nearest to these 4 points

2. 32ram

Reputations:
    whats the best sites that shows rankings/benchmarks of laptop cpus to compare all the diff laptops?

rankings/benchmarks of laptop cpus performance to cost

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  3. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    3dmark.com

4. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    large? how large

gs75 by msi

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2020
  5. 32ram

Reputations:
    eh anyone here knows about laptops?

6. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    mobile n desktop are covered in 3dmark you can also try cpu mark seems to me your trolling and probably an old banned member of nbr

JoshT likes this.
  7. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Sadly as far as I know there is no one central site that will let you compare benchmarks for different laptops as easily as you would like. The place I most often go to get a good idea of benchmarks is notebookcheck.com, if you look up a review for a laptop you're interested in you can see a variety of benchmarks and even add in additional other systems that you are interested in.

Having said that, if you wanted to provide any information on what you are looking for, say using the proper form, we could actually help you. As your question stands now, no one could actually help you with anything.

I've merged your threads here. You really should fill out the form so we can help you. I could list a lot of laptops with 16gb of ram. There are no "one click" to upgrade laptops in existence, and a 1:1 screen ratio won't happen either. Please tell us what you're going to use the laptop for (fill out the form) and we can actually try to help you vs taking shots in the dark.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    gimpy1 likes this.
  8. 32ram

Reputations:

so no easy very complex unfortunate

i guess the 1:1 is about laptops and not about regular displays on desktops

i made a lil bit of progress on the whole thing so not sure how there could be nobody could help, if i could make progress they prob could also

9. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I am tempted to delete your whole thread. You don't provide us with any information and then you insult us because we can't help you. Fill out the form so we can help you, we can't read your mind on what your requirements are.

JoshT and saturnotaku like this.
  10. Starlight5

Starlight5 Don't call me Chris, my name is Elvis

Reputations:
    @32ram 3:2 is the closest to 1:1 you can get in modern laptops. Surface Laptop 3 with Ryzen has 32GB RAM configuration but is also obnoxiously expensive, and as far as I know there are no other options.

I also require 32GB RAM and prefer taller high-res displays, so know firsthand how hard is it to find something that ticks both boxes. I'd advise against purchasing a laptop with non-upgradeable 16GB RAM, if you're actively looking into 32GB RAM you probably have good cause for it and will quickly regret going with 16GB.

If you're willing to compromise in terms of display ratio, a slightly used Thinkpad A485 with 16:9 14" FHD IPS (157ppi) can be reasonably affordable, upgradeable to 64GB RAM and overall is a great machine, while it's Intel-powered counterpart T480 also supports 64GB RAM and offers WQHD display option with higher ppi. There's also T480s available with WQHD and upgradeable to 40GB RAM.

hmscott likes this.