Laptops for drawing

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by mraklbrw, May 10, 2020.

1. mraklbrw

mraklbrw Newbie

Reputations:
    Good afternoon.
    Which laptops are suitable for drawing as a replacement for a graphics tablet? I am interested in the accuracy of the screen sensor.
    There are many modifications of Lenovo IdeaPad C340-14IWL, as well as HP ENVY x360 13-XXX, ASUS ZenBook Flip 13 UX362FA-EL077T.
    I would like: 100% sRGB, Ryzen 5 / i5 or Ryzen 7 / i7 in the range of 1000$.

2. Ed. Yang

Ed. Yang Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    HP seems to have such model, but with that kind of requirement, it may break the 1000 barrier you've set, even with Ryzen CPU employed...

3. Kyle

Kyle JVC SZ2000 Dual-Driver Headphones

Reputations:
    If price is not a concern, which laptops would be in the running?

4. Ed. Yang

Ed. Yang Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Generally most touchscreen 2 in 1s are good for drawing. It's just the additional requirements such as CPU, color accuracy as demanded by user or resolution of the screen that pushes the price higher.

I had just placed an order for a Lenovo Chromebook C630. Not the highest or impressive on spec type(i3-8130U/ 64GB eMMC/ 15inch). But as long as it supports active pen for my mum's use, for writing Chinese character, it just suffice.

There are many makes in the market but mostly have a common problem. Heat buildup. Hence, i wouldn't suggest anybody to go for those very slim type(where folks usually commented that slimmer it is, better portability). IMO, slightly thicker facilitates better air draw, and air flow.