Laptop to Replace Unibody MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Paul_H, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HerrKaputt

HerrKaputt Elite Notebook User

Reputations:
    That's not exactly true. I for example like the larger taskbar and tray.

And you grow used to the small size VERY quickly (one week in my case) once you start using it regularly.

I would only go for the 1280x800 resolution if you routinely need to show your screen to other people who are standing behind your chair.

2. Paul_H

Paul_H Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Good point about the task and tool bar sizes. I hadn't thought about that.

I'll try using the m2300 I have with the WXGA+ screen for a couple of weeks and see how I like it for school work. I have another one as my main work computer but it spends 99% of its time in a docking station with a couple of 24" monitors attached, so maybe I just need to get used to the screen.

Thanks again.
    --
    Paul

3. Paul_H

Paul_H Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well, after spending the last few days using my spare m2300 from work as my personal / school laptop, I have to say I'll be sticking with the MacBook Pro. I'll just have to work on my typing skills. I'll also trust that Apple designed the laptop to be more rugged than I perceive it to be.

The biggest reason I have decided to not get rid of the mac is software that I have found for my school work. Not sure why, but I have not been able to find suitable replacement software for what I need to do under windows.

Thanks everyone for your input, I appreciate the time you took to answer my questions.
    --
    Paul

4. HerrKaputt

HerrKaputt Elite Notebook User

Reputations:
    I think that's a good decision, it's always a hassle changing laptops especially from Mac to Windows or vice-versa.

One alternative, if you want to consider it, is to post in the Windows forum "Which software could replace this and that program for Mac OS?". I am pretty sure you'd find answers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.