Laptop Screen Upgrades

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by sicily428, Apr 27, 2018.

1. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
    Laptop screen replacement/ How to replace laptop screen MSI GE 2QD Apache Pro

2. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
    Laptop Screen Replacement for Sager NP8955 / Clevo P955ER

3. kinokomushroom

kinokomushroom Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I want some help with upgrading my GT72's screen. I would be very glad if you could reply. Thanks.

4. senso

senso Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hi, whats your doubt?

The first N173HHE that I bought was a knock-off, after sourcing a real N173HHE brightness works just like the factory display.

5. kinokomushroom

kinokomushroom Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks a lot for replying! So, I have a GT72 (well it's actually not sold by MSI but it has the same motherboard and case), and I purchased an nv173fhm-n44 panel and a K1N-3040052-H39 (4K) cable. But the new panel won't turn on when I plug it in instead of the old panel.

Also there's one more thing which is that the seller of the panel sent me a b173han04.5 instead of a nv173fhm-n44, stating that it has the same specs. I don't know whether to trust them.

6. kinokomushroom

kinokomushroom Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I don't know if it's OK to double post, but I found out why my monitor isn't working. It was just the back light that wasn't working. I shined my phone light from the back and it's displaying properly. Is this because the monitor is faulty, or could it be because the motherboard/cable does not support it?

7. ChrisSky

ChrisSky Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    can you turn on brightness option ? because there some rumor that some LCD have 'saving' brightness option....

8. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    So, I noticed that the more recent 144 Hz panels don't come with mounting screws, whereas the ones up till ~2018 did (no mounting screws on left, with screws on right):
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I presume the displays without mounting holes are for narrow-bezel notebooks. Has anyone experimented with mounting the displays without holes on a notebook that comes with said holes?

Is this possible at all without glue?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  9. cdoublejj

cdoublejj Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    double sided adhesive? gluing in some mounting tabs?

Ionising_Radiation and User32 like this.
  10. cloudy2019

cloudy2019 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone,

I had a Dell Vostro 5460 and hope to change the internal screen to one with higher resolution. From what I searched from the internet the original screen is B140XW02 V3 (14'', 1366x768, 40-pin LVDS). I hope to swap it with a B140RW02 V0 (14'', 1600x900, 40-pin LVDS). The only problem is the latter uses 2-channel LVDS while the original one uses 1-channel. I can't find any existing cases of upgrading display panels of this laptop model. Is it possible to find out whether the motherboard supports 2-channel LVDS output?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019