Laptop for Software Development

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by imsaagar, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imsaagar

imsaagar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi there,

I am looking for a good line of laptop computers (or a good model) in the market that fits the needs for software development.

I have looked many makes and models, and I have seen many great machines, but none of them make reference of being the choice for developers.

And I am talking about software development in .Net, Visual Studio, , ASP, XML, SQLServer, PHP, wordpress etc.

Does anyone know or may recommend the best brand of laptops for software development (model or line of product) with options?

Price should be around 11K with good battery

Thanks,

2. froogler

froogler Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I guess you meant 1.1k. I would suggest Thinkpad T or Latitude E6xxx series with 15inch 1080p screen, you can look up more on those company sites. you might need to use coupons/deals/outlet to get to that price.

3. imsaagar

imsaagar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The laptop you suggested above got hardly 2 to 3 stars. Are they really good enough ? so do i have some other alternatives like dell dell latittude or vostro series ?

4. edit1754

edit1754 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    stars?

Vostros are eh. They have 1366x768 screens. There's the Latitude E5520 with the 1920x1080 display option though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.