Laptop beeps randomly

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by pardel, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PILMAN

PILMAN Newbie

Reputations:
    I am having the same issue on my Toshiba M65 S9092, I was given the laptop by a client of mine and it works fine, I have no performance issues, everything runs fast, no problems except a small ding on the monitor which is noticeable if tilted back.

I started noticing the beeping about a month or two ago, it would happen rarely like the power connector was loose or the battery wasn't being charged but it was being charged. It would make a low pitched "beeeeep!" for about 1-2 seconds as described here. The only thing I can think of is maybe the computer was overheating, I noticed it when the computer would become very hot, actually 2 days ago my computer overheated to where it just shut down on it's own and I couldn't turn it back on until I pulled out the Ac plug and put it back in. The only thing I can think of is maybe it's related to the harddrive?

I am clueless what else could cause it, but even when it beeps, I don't get any slowdowns, everything is performing like it's supposed to though the laptop does run quite hot.

While sitting here at work, I've noticed it beeping more often than normal, usually it will do it every few days once or twice, today it's done it about 4 times in an hour, I checked my power settings and lowered the power consumption of the cpu as well as the monitor brightness, things are still running hot but looks to be about 48-49 celsius and I have not yet heard another beep so I will keep an eye on it.

My harddrive is a Hitatchi HTS541010G9AT00. I'm thinking of running off my external harddrive to see if the beeps go away?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.