1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Lap desk for 17" laptop with mouse pad???

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by cegamer2003, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cegamer2003

cegamer2003 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have been looking everywhere online for a lap desk that will fit my 17" widescreen desktop replacement laptop as well as have space for a mousepad. So far the best thing I have found is this guy: http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/s...atalogId=10051&productId=169461&cmArea=SEARCH
    It says it is 22.5" wide so Im hoping that will be enough space but I am concerned that my laptop will get too hot because it has no venting or fans.

I cant seem to find one with a fan that has a mouse tray and its hard enough to find one at all that fits 17".

Does anyone have any ideas?!?!

Thanks
    -C

PS: I just bought a Vostro 1700 with 17" widescreen :D

2. Jikeel

Jikeel Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    As far as cooling I can't imagine it being any different than having the laptop on a normal desk surface. I would think that should be enough room if you dont use an extremely low mouse sensitivity (where it would require you to move your hand more than a few inches to use it).

But I personally wouldn't carry one of those around. Thats just too much considering you are already carrying a 17" laptop. Where do you need to use it on your lap?

3. bearz313

bearz313 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Try this company
    http://www.laptopdesk.net/
    Some where here at NBR someone reviewed one of these lap desks.

The Laptop Desk Ultralite has a 22 inch span and weights 15 ounces.

good luck

4. brounii

brounii Newbie

Reputations:
    I have been looking also for a good desk/tray to put my new laptop on, while sitting on the couch. I like using a mouse better than the touchpad so it needs extra room for the mouse. I think I've found a good site.

Try this out: etray.com

So far, this seems to be the best option. I hope this helps!:)