Lamborghini Aventador Crash - Moment of Impact

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by J.Dre, Apr 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thierry19

Thierry19 Coffee enthusiast

Reputations:
    RPM don't indicate much, he could have been downshifting..

2. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Downshifting on a straight road with no stop signs/lights? He had the right away.

It's plain and simple: he was showing off his Lamborghini with this girl in the passenger seat, most likely to impress her. He was speeding, someone pulled out in front of him, they collided, he totaled his Lamborghini. End of story. I'm not suggesting he was going like 100MPH, that's obviously not true. But he definitely wasn't following the speed limit.

Either way, whoever was driving the Mazda is at fault for not paying close attention when turning.

3. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Not exactly, if you are breaking the law then you too are at fault.

4. J.Dre

Reputations:
    That's true. But the driver in the Mazda is more at fault. Despite the Lamborghini's speed, the accident wouldn't have occurred if the Mazda had been paying attention.

They're lucky it wasn't a straight-on collision into the side of the Mazda. That Lamborghini weighs at least three times more than that Mazda. If they t-boned, that Mazda could have went rolling/tumbling, and this whole "accident" may have been much worse...

5. Thaenatos

Thaenatos Zero Cool

Reputations:
    Ugly terrible sounding cars IMHO, but I honestly think the mazda and/or lambo are at fault depending on many factors. You say they checked the speed out through video software and such, but did they also factor in while you can go from 0-60 in 2.9 second you can also slow down ALOT faster then most cars. So in theory he could have been going ALOT faster but couldnt stop in time. Not to mention we dont know where the lambo came from and the mazda could have seen a clear road and then all of the sudden BAM a speeding "supercar" is bearing down on you! I have seen a couple of these cars in action as well as have owned an AWD high 11second car and the speed in which they get and slow momentum is insane!

6. J.Dre

Reputations:
    That's pretty much exactly the point I was trying to make.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.