L702x Modded GPU BIOS

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by Sharadeos, Jan 28, 2012.

1. KillerB3340

KillerB3340 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Nahh, i dont do Liq.Metal. I did try Noctua NT-H1 and i might have done something wrong or it was an old stock"OLD PASTE" . Will have to repaste this thing as soon as i'm done with my main rig.

2. MatthiasBraun

MatthiasBraun Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Why you dont want to do it ?
    Its great if you are carefull!

3. KillerB3340

Reputations:
    I've seen many reviews and it's 3-5 degree difference between L.metal and good paste but the risks are higher.

4. MatthiasBraun

Reputations:
    In my view its more than that.
    You have to consider that the fan
    doesnt turn of that often and that high!

5. KillerB3340

Reputations:
  6. MatthiasBraun

Reputations:
    I use HWMonitor, but in tray is nice, too. Thanks!

7. temho

temho Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, can anyone help me? I have a bios with open all menus/gpu settings ram takt settings (2133) and so one. Now i will remove the withelist that i can connect my eGPU to my mpcie slot without problems. Now when i connect it i have a blackscreen, when i start the laptop and connect it 2-4 secounds later ist works. But i wont to connect it every time.

I need the same bios but with removed the withelist, maybe there is ansone who can help me or support me in this case

My bios
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0ejqfv6nhdgfh6/bios1.rar?dl=0

thank you very much

8. DSmithers

DSmithers Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey there everyone :)

First off, this has to be one of the absolute best and longest (8 years!) threads on a computer system / issue I have ever seen. Kudos to you all who have participated. I stayed up waaayyy too late last night trying to read every piece of it but I'm sure that I stopped absorbing somewhere around 2am. Maybe ya'll can help me -

So I have the XPS L702x 3D Nvidia 555m. It was my dad's - he was a computer programmer his whole career and would have just absolutely loved what you have done here. He passed away, it'll 5 years ago this year, and my brother and I took on the herculean task of going through his lifetime of computer equipment including a literal mountain of hard drives. Reading about the RAID functionality I wish we had saved some of them! Oh well, I don't need it anyway. I'll continue -

Now I've used this laptop for about 4 years. Couldn't touch it for nearly a year. Then took a year to clean it out, reload it, update everything to most current software, and physically clean it. Been running great since. Now, normally I wouldn't need 3 monitors running but with the COVID-19 going on and my 4 daughters and I at home for at least the foreseeable future with our stay at home orders from the government we need as much computing power and accessibility as we can get! I tried running both MiniD and HDMI to external screens and using the built in just to find what has been told here. No functionality with the 3D unit. Boo!

So here is the ask - anything at all a guy can do to get the 3rd running? Is there some physical component built in that can be removed to allow both Intel and Nvidia to run simultaneously and get 3 monitors? Or do I have to buy a very expensive dock? What are my options? If we are getting into that 100ish dollar range I would probably just buy another chromebook for a couple hundred. Seems more worth it?

Your thoughts? Thanks in advance for your consideration!

D

9. Mikey No

Mikey No Newbie

Reputations:
    can you reupload it?

or anybody else?