L702x Modded GPU BIOS

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by Sharadeos, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Silekonn

Silekonn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @capitankasar
    @Dexter1983
    or anyone who is listening. Does anyone have anything newer than L702X_A19_generic_Unlocked_Menus_&_updated_cpu_microcode_version6_beta? It would appear they have a fan issue and no Spectre/Meltdown protections. I have a couple of unmodded L702X I would like to unlock menus and add spectre/meltdown/ME updates. Any assistance is appreciated.

2. Dexter1983

Dexter1983 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    L702X_A19_generic_Unlocked_Menus_&_updated_cpu_microcode_version6_beta
    This is the very latest version from capitan kasar, the microcodes can be upgraded and i can help you. What about the fan issue?

3. Silekonn

Reputations:
    I read in the last ten pages a fan issue exists. It wasn't clear who is affected. I flashed the referenced BIOS and all is well.

If you can provide an updated copy with Spectre/Meltdown that would be awesome. If ME updates are available they too would be appreciated. Right now I have the vanilla + menus and (old) microcode on one system and am preparing to complete v+m+old mc + voltages on another. Thank you for your contributions.

4. Dexter1983

Reputations:
    If you want i can upgrade microcodes on every bios, i can give you latest and previous versions of capitan kasar, with and without sharadeos vbioses, stock bios.

5. Silekonn

Reputations:
    If you can offer copies updated with spectre/meltdown protections that would be great. Management Engine updates if available would be cool. Anything you have available is appreciated.

6. Dexter1983

Reputations:
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/p78susq9egz5s/

Collection of Bios for L702X updated with microcodes last version 2E July 2018, as regards the update of the MEI I have been working on it for a while with poor results, but I will not give up until I succeed. All bios should work anyway let me know.

7. Silekonn

Reputations:
    @Dexter1983 No problems are anticipated. The first is working well. Thank you kindly.

8. Dexter1983

Reputations:
    Has anyone tried to install a third generation "ivi bridge" processor? I would like to install a Core i7-3840QM!
    If someone has this processor or similar I can provide him a bios with the microcodes for ivi bridge!
    Let Me Know!

9. Foxxer

Foxxer Newbie

Reputations:
    @Dexter1983 I have problems with fans. After firmware
    L702X_A19_generic_Unlocked_Menus _ & _ updated_cpu_microcode_version6_beta on my L702X laptop the maximum fan speed dropped to 3900 rpm.

The fan checked a year ago by changing the binary values in the program from this tred.
    The maximum rpm with a change in values amounted to 5940rpm. I concluded that the fan itself is in working condition.

The problem is probably in the BIOS firmware for my L702X.
    Under heavy loads with a temperature of 95 degrees Celsius, rpm cannot reach even 4000 revolutions.

How I can to return 6000 rpm at high loads?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  10. Dexter1983

Reputations:
    I just have to ask you a question before answering: Why do you use version 6? Are you using RAID?