L702x Modded GPU BIOS

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by Sharadeos, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Dexter1983

Dexter1983 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm trying unsuccessfully to update the microcode of the bios in WPH format, I have already prepared the binary files with the up to date microcodes but I can not merge them in the bios in WPH format please help me

2. Dexter1983

Reputations:
    Now I'm able to update microcode on this laptop, stock and modded bios both, send me requests

3. bostandji11

bostandji11 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey bud, have you got the modded A19 BIOS with the 550m GF116 overvolt, along with the updated microde? Also, is 0.92V really the limit :(

4. Dexter1983

Reputations:
    Give me the file to update and i will update it to the 2d version

5. bostandji11

bostandji11 Newbie

Reputations:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h7Igx5v6hg22ZID5JnVdVG362IAvyvuz/view?usp=sharing

I think this is the correct one, I can't remember if this specific file was the modded bios as it's been sat in a folder for a couple years but really want to just push that 550m as far as I can, and obviously the added benefit of Spectre/Meltdown being patched. Cheers bud

6. Dexter1983

Reputations:
    Here you are, BIOS1.WPH updated to patch id 0x2D, so now it's Spectre Variant 2 Proof; try to flash this and let me know
    Post a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0

Attached Files:

7. bostandji11

bostandji11 Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry I never got back, only just flashed the BIOS now, been a busy week, but I can confirm that Inspectre says I am indeed protected, thanks for that! :)

8. FrancYescO

FrancYescO Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello someone can help me to get at least The bios SETUP page?

I flashed like 5 years ago this http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/l702x-modded-gpu-bios.641688/page-18#post-8933836

but after some months the F2 key to get in the bios does not work neither F12 to get Boot order, no problem until today that my system won't boot anymore

Actually my XPS17 started to show again the capitankasar's bios logo/progressbar (when booting correctly was just skipping it and go directly to W10 bootlogo as UEFI boot) but pressing F2 or F12 will show as i select the option (the words be lighter after f2/f12 press) but have no effect only a blanking cursor.

The only way i have to get something different is to deattach all HDD and put a bootable USB, at least it will boot from USB.

i've also tryed http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/l702x-modded-gpu-bios.641688/page-15#post-8930394 the ISO here with Rufus, but will show me a BSOD.
    Taken the BIOS.cap file from this iso and tryed the powercord/end button method, but the progressbar of the BIOS will stop at 75%
    Also tryed a CMOS reset (removed CMOS battery)

Any other help?

EDIT: i've finally fixed my issue running a random live ISO of windows (SPVN.86.7.PE torrent) and reflashing the bios via the bat/winflash (that seems will also reset all configs of BIOS that a battery remove seems does not

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  9. Cobra11Murderer

Cobra11Murderer Newbie

Reputations:
    Prob safe to say everything is working great? I've been running the stock bios from dell forever.

10. Silekonn

Silekonn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Are those modified A19 with menus and microcode linked somewhere? I am looking for vanilla no vmod, with extra options and protections. @Dexter1983 are they stable? TIA.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019