L702x Modded GPU BIOS

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by Sharadeos, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Alex Archer

Alex Archer Newbie

Reputations:
    hello , could i please ask your email details, i was trying to PM you but there isno option.
    I thought you could help me in somethings i will thank you in advance,
    best regards
    my mail is lucznik@outlook.com

2. Octopuss

Octopuss Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi. I will be reinstalling this notebook for a friend, and unlocked BIOS will come handy.

I have one question: is there any more recent version of the mod with newer ROMs, microcodes and such?

3. Octopuss

Octopuss Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Another question: does the unlocked BIOS allow for faster memory than 1333MHz?

4. manjak11

manjak11 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi All.
    I cant find were to download moded bios.
    Can any one give me a link
    And description how to install it )))) plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5. oddstan

oddstan Newbie

Reputations:
    It does, however you need proper CPU that supports such memory
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

capitankasar, Sharadeos

Is it possible to change BIOS on l702x to have XMP (extreme memory profile)?
    Does modded BIOS have watchdog function?
    Thanks

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  6. shuhai_huang

shuhai_huang Newbie

Reputations:
    1、Thank you for your hard work so I can install Mac OS Sierra 10.12. There have a new problem cannot use the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement,need a nullcpupowermanagement.kext to disable it. So could you please help unlock bios write access to MSR 0xE2 ,Thank you very much.

2、I had use the PhoenixTool to unpack the bios file,and find powermodule F7731B4C-58A2-4DF4-8980-5645D39ECE58_981.ROM replace the text 75 08 0f ba e8 0f 89 44 24 30 to eb 08 0f ba e8 0f 89 44 24 30.Then rebuild a rom file flash it,still not working

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  7. crajohns6965

crajohns6965 Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone know how to clear (or even view) the efi variables WITHOUT being able to boot into anything? Issue I have is that I accidentally zapped all but one entry, but that entry doesn't work to boot into anything. The bios still works, but I can't boot into any OS and there's no shell of course. I'm using the modded A19 bios, but Crisis recovery doesn't work since that just gets me to an older bios but the same entries.

8. Niko95

Niko95 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, this topic is probably a little inactive.

I have the XPS L702X with the modded A19 BIOS.
    I found this interesting setting called TOLUD, after a little Googling I find this setting has something to do with the allocation of video memory.
    My XPS has 12 GB's of RAM memory and the 2760QM Processor.

My question is if this setting will affect something or if it is changeable in my situation.
    The GT 555m is a very ****ty GPU.

I'm hoping to see some reply!

9. Dutchery

Dutchery Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hopefully somebody can help me out on this outdated thread and system which I am currently still using.
    Since the stock A19 BIOS didn't support my RAM running any higher than 1333MHz with my 1600MHz cards I flashed this modded A19 BIOS so at least that problem is solved. Unfortunately since installing it my cooling fan is running unusual, even at idle. Fan even turning on at random and quite high while there is only 1-3% CPU load, which I didn't have before I flashed the modded BIOS. Also the system has been cleaned and re pasted with thermal paste so personally I don't think that is the problem.

I have been playing around with the processor and thermal settings but I still haven't figured out what setting(s) may cause this problem.
    Could anyone maybe elaborate on the processor and thermal settings? or perhaps another setting that has influence on my cooling fan?

Settings on the processor management, everything the same except "Long Power Limit Time" being 0 (not my image):

[​IMG]

Couldn't find any images of the actual thermal settings though.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  10. RedScorp

RedScorp Newbie

Reputations:
    @capitankasar @Kpax7 @timewalker75a
    Hi. Thanks you for the bios!

I wrote Oct 12, 2015 - I found and replaced the picture in the file 0C7F41A9-0A6F-43F6-A0D9-1E2D01DBD7BE_1788.ROM

Tell me, please - How to repack the wph file with the new Rom? What to set and click in the phoenix? I have the wph file (L702X_A19_Unlocked_Menus_&_updated_cpu_microcode_&_sharadeos_vbioses_version6_beta.rar) and folder with dump (after start phoenix):

[​IMG] [​IMG]