L502X modded bioses download (GPU voltages and more!)

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by capitankasar, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Dexter1983

Dexter1983 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Give me the time to update to microcode 2f
    I can provide the stock version (not undervolted) and the undervolted version

2. dsadsa

dsadsa Newbie

Reputations:
    One more problem. After restoring the laptop 2 times for different problems I have another problem envolving the videocard. Before restoring the laptop for the first time I was playing Bioshock 2 and it was running well (albeit underclocked so it doesnt freeze) and after restoring for the first time it was still running fine until I restored for the 2 time.

What happened is that Bioshock 2 is detecting that the videocard is running lower than the minimum system requirements. I dont know how this happened and I would like help trying to find what the hell is making this happen.

I already tried 3 different drivers. The last updated one, the 344.75 that the guy said it stopped the freeze (it didnt) and another one that windows update installed.

I want to find another driver that I had before the restores, it was 369.09. Im trying to find where the hell did I get this update and how it installed on the laptop because im not finding anywhere on the internet and the only ones I find is not compatible with geforce 540m.

Also another problem that I have is MSI Afterburner only working under 265 and sometimes 100 core clock (the slider doesnt go to the default core clock). The default core clock is not even working and I have no idea why this isnt working. It just locks in 50 core clock.

And I found the cause for the audio crackling problem. Its because of my faster internet. Don't have any idea how to fix it tho. Already tried Latencymon.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  3. MatthiasBraun

MatthiasBraun Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys (and girls maybe ? :D)
    I now have the problem that my L502x sometimes doesnt boot up.
    Instead it just stays black screen and the fan goes to maximum and stays there.
    Any ideas on what i can do ? It already tried to change the RAM, but still...
    Maybe its one of the two ram slots... ?

Maybe CMOS Reset helps ?
    Any more ideas ?

Found the cause:
    It was the keyboard cable. a little bit metal
    on the flat cable was bend to the next one at
    the area where you put it on the cable holder....
    Little things can have big impact ;)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  4. MatthiasBraun

Reputations:
    Oh boy... just crushed two of my L502x devices.
    I just wanted to change the display and you know what i forgot ?
    I forgot to unplug the Power.... No one L502x doesnt turn on at all
    and the other one the display didnt work.
    After backing both motherboard on the oven with 200C° 8 Minutes
    the display works again. The dead L502x doesnt work still....
    The one which is working again the soundcard seems to got broken also... :(

5. MatthiasBraun

Reputations:
    Thinking about changing the ALC269 Soundchip on the motherboard with a hot air soldering machine.
    Doesnt look to difficult actually, have a look:

ISNT THAT GREAT ?

6. MatthiasBraun

Reputations:
    I have a bricked L502X here... someone flashed L702X bios on this machine broke his neck...
    Now it doesnt turn on at all. Can i use captain casairs recovery CD with pressing the "end" button ?
    I even cant the CD in because it doesnt turn on at all....

Any idea what do to ?

Now that i have a L702x and not a L502X... maybe i need to press other buttons XD

or do i have to remove the bios chip and reprogramm it with this little sucker:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/CH341A-24-25-Series-EEPROM-Flasher-USB-BIOS-Programmer-Mit-SOIC8-Clip-On-Board/303270187176?hash=item469c4fd0a8:g:jWYAAOSwHm1dah19&fbclid=IwAR1kwhr02ScyaJywpGgUJg5nT6afBwyqOZccA-nqglKb3qDvBDycuA9LXV4