L502X modded bioses download (GPU voltages and more!)

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by capitankasar, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Ledd12

Ledd12 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks again

2. Ledd12

Ledd12 Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone have idea if l502x supports or will support coreboot?

carcrab likes this.
  3. carcrab

carcrab Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not sure. Maybe someone else can respond.

Can anyone tell me the model number of the full hd screen? This one came with the 1366x768 display.

Some say the full hd version won't work in this laptop and some say it just needs a different ribbon.

What is the definite answer?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2018
  4. Ivo Capanema

Ivo Capanema Newbie

Reputations:
    Guys, can you help me please? I'm thinking on replacing my 525m mobo for a 540m mobo, do you know if it will be compatible? Also, I have 6GB of RAM and a I want to replace the 2GB one for a 4GB. Do you know if it's ok to put one with a different brand? It would be a DDR3 1333MHz, the same frequency of the ones installed.

5. Dexter1983

Dexter1983 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is it ok Ivo
    Just pay attention to select the same ddr3 modules, otherwise you wil loose dual channel! After the installation write here and i will guide you to update microcodes in your bios

Ivo Capanema and carcrab like this.
  6. Ivo Capanema

Ivo Capanema Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey Dexter1983, thanks for your reply! You're talking about the memory replacement, right? I bought the module online and I'm waiting to be delivered (It might take a while). But what about the mobo replacement? The thing is, the 540m version is very hard to find and they're not cheap. I'm having thoughts to replace the 525m mobo for another 525m mobo (because of the video freezing, my underclock is already very low), but apparently there are some part numbers that I must pay attention to and I just don't know if a different number will be compatible.

7. ikon4lyf

ikon4lyf Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well I'm kinda stuck here. I had flashed the modded bios before but that was around 1 year back. I installed Windows 10 and now when I try to boot into bios setup it's just a black screen and nothing else.

I'm also unable to flash a modded bios again as it just ends up in a blue screen stating PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA, caused by WinFlash64.sys failing.

Anyone knows how to get around this?

8. FrancescoC

FrancescoC Newbie

Reputations:
    Guy's I can't believe.. I've been following this thread since a few years, trying different solutions for the freezing in games problem.. and finally I found one that doesn't involve underclocking!

1. Of course first Install the modded, undervolted BIOS (I'm using the one from Captain Kasar (2D PROFILE: 0.83v, 3D PROFILE: 0.85v in my case 540m) ->
    540m
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/88l7snrlqv37r07/L502X_A12_540m_83_85_Unlocked_Menus_v7_beta.rar
    525m
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/c17la7tcmd96m6z/L502X_A12_525m_85_85_Unlocked_Menus_v7_beta.rar

2. Use the 344.75 nvidia drivers -> https://www.nvidia.pl/download/driverResults.aspx/79962/

The second step is crucial! I don't know why exactly this drivers.. but it works!!
    Yes.. I coulnd't believe it either I would find a solution after so many years on playing just on the battery (on AC freezed immediately). It works since a week for now so I thought I'd share this with you guys..
    Let me know if it works for you.

9. mcflygarcia

mcflygarcia Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Im also facing this problem,i cant acces the bios anymore or even flash one...one more thing i notice its that if i try tu use the F2 wireless shortcut it will freeze the laptop, also it freezes when i try to install the Quickset drivers...i can acces the bootmenu but i still can see old ubuntu/deepin installations there and im pretty sure i format my entire ssd before installing windows 10 back again, when trying to acces the bios via the boot menu it just freezes out too. Spec i5 2450m gt525m bios .83 ... i havent try to take out the motherboard battery to see if that fix things up i will update when i have time to open up the laptop

10. GuyFawkesGaming

GuyFawkesGaming Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone know the difference between this mod and the one found here? Also the link to the 7.1.60 ME firmware from SwooshyCueb is broken and do I need to do all that manual stuff for the OC hack or can I just use the modded firmware provided here?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019