L502X modded bioses download (GPU voltages and more!)

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by capitankasar, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Edwin Giovany Moreno

Edwin Giovany Moreno Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi

I have been testing the Bios and there is sometimes that my laptop it Freezes, but only by some seconds and then of some seconds approximate 30 can return and recovery themselves.
    I appreciate the great work the @Thiblizz. I do not use my laptop to play only to perform some work that does not demand much effort yet I wonder if it froze without demanding so much.
    I Will continue to prove and report news, and will perform some video rendering and conversion to test it.

Greetings.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  2. xooper

xooper Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi @Thiblizz, can you do further modify/correction for the bios in L502x ?

1. Unable to boot from secondary drive (HDD caddy) if both Hdd presented in the laptop. (I can't do dual OS boot from 2 HDD in my L502X :(
    2. Rectify the "no SATA devices is found" issue if I boot with RAID setting enabled in the bios.

I do really appreciate your great work, keep it up!!

Edwin Giovany Moreno likes this.
  3. Thiblizz

Thiblizz Guest

Reputations:
    I add that to my TODO list, I know that works but you need to do some extra modifications on the boot record.
    I'm still looking if I can modify the BIOS to get some native detection, will need some time to understand.

And of course I will do further updates/modifications to the BIOS, as my project is now stable and pushed on my GitHub, that means I can fully focus on debugging, keeping it updated, etc.
    And as this is my main computer for now, I want the best for it.

And thank you for you kind words :).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2017
    Edwin Giovany Moreno likes this.
  4. Thiblizz

Thiblizz Guest

Reputations:
    Very bad news, I was drunk and did not sleep the last 24hours, I tried some advanced modifications and I "accidentally" full bricked my PC.

In 3 weeks I will begin my cybersecurity training program and don't have a computer...

Anyway, I will receice soon new eeproms and a programmer to reflash my BIOS ;).

PS: The latest version 1.0.1 on my GitHub is safe, so don't worry x).

5. jkbuha

jkbuha Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Awesome work @Thiblizz - just been checking out your github now. Obviously I can't use the files directly for my L511z, but it's refreshing to see the good work you've done here.

Couple of suggestions:

- Are you considering making the github a full raw repo together with compilation instructions? In that case I'll be able to pull just the modified mods for the L511z.
    - If so I'll be happy to upload all my L511z source to your repo as well so any users can clone/download/experiment from your repo.

In any case well done - really good to see the initiative here.

Best of luck in your upcoming cybersecurity course.

6. dedos

dedos Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you very much for your project.

My model is the gt525 i5 2.4 ghz 16 gigas memory with 2 ssd (hd caddy)
    Use in 1 ssd windows 10 pro, linux mint 18.1 cinnamon (mode legacy)in ssd hd caddy use mac os x yosemite 10.10.5 gpt uefi

1) hello can i blink your bios on top of modded capitan bios (i use version modded A12 0.85 volt)???

2) I use hackintosh mac os x yosemite your bios is compativel with this system and uefI?

3) What are the improvements of your bios for Capitan Kasar?

4) Does your bios solve the problem of freezing in games ??

5)link you bios????

https://github.com/Thiblizz/l502x-modded-bios

6)Hdd caddy is working perfectly??

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  7. Botox

Botox Newbie

Reputations:
    A really great work from you. thank you very much for this bios.

I7 / 540M / 16Gb Ram (1600) Samsung 850 SSD

Before i use the Capitan Kasar bios. also i update my Intel ME from 6.xx to 7.1.80.1214 without the overclocking possibility.
    now i use your latest 1.0.1 bios. after a new Windows 10 install you recieve also a fresh Windows 10 Display Driver for a hd3000. perfect !!!

edit: ist possible you bring a Intel ME with free overclocking? the Kasar mod dosnt work for me on Windows 10.

greetings
    sam

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  8. Thiblizz

Thiblizz Guest

Reputations:
    Sure I will buddy.

As I can't access my laptop right now, I'm not able to do further modifications. But yeah I planned to do so.

Did you bypass the descriptor security (pins bridged) or you unlocked it?

9. Botox

Botox Newbie

Reputations:
    oh Buddy. i hope you have soon Access to your nice laptop.

no. Is this necessary to unlock the overclocking funktion? I thought the ME Firmware update is enough.

(fast strings - on) your bios is really fast and rock stable. i test it over 13 hours nonstop benchmark and gaming.
    you do a great job.

10. Thiblizz

Thiblizz Guest

Reputations:
    Wow, I'm impressed to hear that everything is running so smoothly (and stable).

Yep, there is actually no way to get overclocking functions without unlocking (or bypassing) the Descriptor Security.

If you did just flash the Intel ME patch in this post, it will do nothing.
    Simply because it won't be able to read nor write the chipset (as it is locked by default).

Edit: You updated and patched your Intel ME firmware, but I doubt you tried anything related to overclocking.
    Did you?