L502X modded bioses download (GPU voltages and more!)

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by capitankasar, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Marcos D2

Marcos D2 Newbie

Reputations:
    dedos

Yes, download the file mentioned in my previous posts and edit the .BAT pointing it to the new file:

FWUpdLcl.exe -f 7.1.80.1214.bin -allowsv

I used the same FWUpdLcl.exe and had no problem.

Folder structure:
    [​IMG]

2. dedos

dedos Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    :)ok !! thanks,update 7.1.80.1214.bin successful

3. WesleyNL

WesleyNL Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    instllaed latest intel ME 7.1.80.1214.bin on my xps 17 l702x, sofar i don't notice any behavior changes, i also run win 10 pro on it without any problems , i have no clue what this intel me do but heck its updated , quickset also works fine compare to windows 7 quickset

4. HumpaLumpa

HumpaLumpa Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Intel ME does nothing special on a L502X. The l502x has no Intel advanced or security features on board. Intel ME is basically a software platform for Intels advanced features, mainly in business or premium devices to get remote controll and security hardware to work. But Cpt. Cazar tweaked his old l502x with hardware mods so he could unlock some Intel features like overclocking, voltage modifiying, ... these little tweaks are parts of Intel remote control features.
    If you want a stable device, like the most users which are none-tweakers, there is no need to update neither the Intel ME driver nor the firmware.

Btw, I sold my Dell l502x and got 450€. Good deal. Was nearly in mint condition. These were last specification for which I sold it:
    XPS 15 (l502x) / i7-2760QM / NVidia GT540m / B+RGLED 1920x1080 Display (AUO B156HW01 V4) / RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz (CMSX16GX3M2A1600C10) / SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / HDD: 1TB Samsung Spinpoint M8 / Intel 7260 WiFi 2x2 / Dell 5540 (Erricson) WWAN+GPS

My main problem with this device was the high weight and no 4k external video support.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  5. carcrab

carcrab Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Wish someone will take this over and just fix the bugs and update the Intel VBIOS and micro-code and release a final version.

6. Swartcake

Swartcake Newbie

Reputations:
    I have an l502x with the i7-2820qm and I'm looking to upgrade. i've babied this laptop so far and it has never let me down. ran windows 10 no problem. 8GB ram, backlit keyboard dual solid state drives (120gb + 160 GB). anyone got an idea on what I should ask for this pc?

7. Swartcake

Swartcake Newbie

Reputations:
    I have an l502x with the i7-2820qm and I'm looking to upgrade. i've babied this laptop so far and it has never let me down. ran windows 10 no problem. 8GB ram, backlit keyboard dual solid state drives (120gb + 160 GB). anyone got an idea on what I should ask for this pc?

8. YusukeBR

YusukeBR Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi!

I have a Dell XPS L502X with i7 - 2670QM. I have been using the BIOS Mod.

I wonder if I can use a 1600MHz memory; 10-10-10-27 latency and 1.5 volts??? (https://goo.gl/GMiHCy)

Thanks

9. agalin

agalin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    YusukeBR, there are people using 1600MHz RAM without any problems. But I'm not sure about latency and if they're using that version of CPU.

10. jkbuha

jkbuha Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey all, been a while. I'm thinking of posting a BIOS update to the L511z, which is closely related to the L502x.

Could someone list the known bugs and latest Intel/Nvidia VBIOS versions for Sandy Bridge so I'll see if we can create a new package for both the XPS15 and XPS15z?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. Daivaras

Daivaras Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys. I have xps l502x with i7 2820QM processor and GT540M with freezing problem as many has. I am using modded bios 2D 8.3v 3D 8.3v and its stable only on 520MHz and memory 700MHz. Performance are awfull so I wanna try to install egpu solution to avoid using 540m at all. My main concern if it helps? Maybe problem in hm67 chipset and Ive still be getting that freezing problem...
    Another question about processor. I made custom cooling for this notebook. Its serves now more for experiments than for actual use :) temperatures seems pretty stable on gaming. I want to get i7 2960xm with unlocked multiplier. My main question there will I be able to overclock this processor on modded bios on dell motherboard? Thanks