L502X modded bioses download (GPU voltages and more!)

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by capitankasar, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Fayt666

Fayt666 Newbie

Reputations:
    I mean make for example League of Legends use DX9. Or Skyrim... They support it 100% but i can't make them run dx9

So... Did any one try to control the PowerMizer?

2. ahmedshiko

ahmedshiko Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @capitankasar

i remove the bios battery password bios found abios

Pleasee Helpp

3. fai2523

fai2523 Newbie

Reputations:
    @Giullio S.
    have you tested a new charger yet? i certainly wont try any time soon as the laptop retail at about 2800 when i bough and the charger itself 200 above

4. Giullio S.

Giullio S. Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @fai2523
    Unfortunately, my friend's charger was a desktop one, about 700W or something way more than we were expecting... I guess we'll have to wait until someone give us feedback about the ac dc power charger possibility

5. theruan

theruan Newbie

Reputations:
    First u need to be sure Directx 9 is installed running the web installer or the full package(the one i posted before)
    dx9 web installer: Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center

Check this also:
    LOL - Shader 2.0 Direct X Error fix - YouTube

To set it to run using directx 9 there must be a setting which i believe is inside the game, but this most likely can be changed in the config file too.

If u can't fix with the information abova plz post your full config file as shown in the youtube video.

Not sure if i understood what u mean, but if the question is if removing the bios battery will reset the bios password? As far as I know it will not reset it by removing the bios battery.

capitankasar likes this.
  6. Fayt666

Fayt666 Newbie

Reputations:
    already check cfg file. No Dx9 there... So i dunno how to...
    Actually I've just remembered how I was playong Deus EX. It was terribly hard and laggy to play on DX11... but you could switch on DX9. And it was perfect,

7. Fayt666

Fayt666 Newbie

Reputations:
    Easier way is to go to Dell's repair center. And us them for 150w adapter, and check it right there... it will take not more than 5-15 minutes.

capitankasar likes this.
  8. theruan

theruan Newbie

Reputations:
    Did u find anything like dx11 or dx10, OpenGL?
    How hard? Like less than 10 FPS even using reduced quality. Are u sure that ur NVIDIA is starting, also a good thing could be to access nvidia control panel and reset to default, or reinstall NVIDIA drives and the intel graphics driver.
    Regarding the power supply , does it overheat? Like very hot?

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk

9. chris89

chris89 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I found out a new thing with our 2nd gen i7 laptops is the PCH "Platform Controller Hub". It appears to control quite a few functions.

I learned about it from the most recent release of AIDA64 which has a PCH temperature sensor probe which notifies me via Windows gadgets on the desktop.

I'm seeing PCH temps in a very high range and could be a central source for most if not all instability cases you guy's may be having. My ASUS K53SV-XR1 is sitting at 780Mhz core clock with a crazy high 1.1200v. The CPU is overheating a lot and must be clocked to 98,99% while gaming, however the gpu/ system is totally stable and the gpu is hitting around 65 degrees celsius. To reduce cpu and gpu temps we need to use a 110% perfect re-paste because it's a microscope fine line between 100% core contact or 60-90%. This is on a re-paste you may of thought to be "fine". At the moment my cpu has seen 92 celsius on core #1 on a high load encoding of video at 3Ghz in turbo boost. So I need to repaste, but the real issue is contact pressure.

Now to discuss contact pressure, the tigher the chip core is to the heatsink, will result in a better contact and more heat transfer. Which means more pressure means cooler. So what we need to do is create a brace bar for the cpu and gpu. Basically a custom cut brace bar which stretches on top of the heatsink heat pipe and would be designed to allow for each existing thread peg/screw to apply more LB FT of pressure PSI to the core. If designed correctly we can see significant temperature reduction on the cpu and gpu.

Now about that PCH, the temps are very high. Seeing in the 70 Celsius range at idle and in the 110 Celsius under load. So we need to do something about this temperature and use a heatsink to cool it down. So whatever is on there remove it, then use the 100% pure copper vga ram heatsink which are highly thermally conductive to cool it down to 60 Celsius under heavy load.

GOOD LUCK GUYS! :D

capitankasar likes this.
  10. theruan

theruan Newbie

Reputations:
    That could be the case for some people.
    I linda gave up about gaming, cause sometimes i can play just fine, other times it will keep crashing the game or the drive only(and restart the driver).

One thing i've noticed (an example of weird, lol) is that having the default BIOS (which doesn't have the option fast strings) and using the moded version(any with almost the same results) with fast strings disabled will generate some system lag, enabling it and the lag stops.

Among these tests and happening with any BIOS version either default dell BIOS, moded or moded with advanced menus will generate some random sound stuttering, system lag(sometimes the whole system seems to freeze for some secs).
    This issue chances from one BIOS to another going from something impossible to handle to some rare freezers and stuts.
    And believe me, i have ran every single RAM test, video RAM test, benchmark apps and stress test, my temperatures will never pass the 90°c, even under full system stress test.
    Regarding lowering NVIDIA proc clock, at my point of view it doesn't reduce fhe errors, but reduce the atual amount of data processed and also makes the driver to recovery after any error a lot faster than it would like 5~10s less if clock it to around 600.

One question: How do we enable the BIOS event log? Enabling it near the viewer ínside the BIOS doesn't seem to work at all, i've never seen any log to show up in there btw.

Almost forgot to say, it never crashed during stress tests.
    When i was using the older driver which didn't have the self recovery almost everytime it was going to crash it started as major lags followed by two scenarios:
    1°)the CPU or the GPU or both(not sure) would keep running at 100% with black screen or just frozen +weird noise, resulting in overheat and the only option was to hold power button.
    2°) the system started lagging i do ctrl+alt+del and force close, the game sometimes closes completely, but sometimes it seems that it only closes a piece of it, cause i could go back to work, but the game would never get out of the processes list not freeing the memory user and i think it wasn't freeing the NVIDIA also.
    I have this error since maybe two years and i'm almost sure that this aint a video error, seems more something related to audio or another resource causing lags in the system by not responding when requested.
    Tried to use latency monitor and others but i didn't get anything to lead me in a resolution.

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk