Kryonaut - abrasive properties and high temp degradation

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Thysanoptera, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Felix_Argyle

Felix_Argyle Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Please show me the policy which states so, from Dell, as well as from manufacturers like MSI, Sager, Lenovo, Eluktronics.

2. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    The Clevo/Sager reps can answer themselves here. MSI, Asus, and the other big companies pretty much follow each other, as denying service is a real online PR nightmare. As I said before, I can only speak of Asus' policy. If you are truly interested in Dell's or another's policy, contact a corporate manager and ask. Asking a Service Rep usually doesn't get you the best info, as I've corrected many in my day, and there's a good chance they don't work for corporate, but for a 3rd party supplying customer support.

@Meaker@Sager

Hi Meaker, what is Sager's policy regarding potential abrasion of cpu lid and heatsink from thermal paste? Would that be grounds for voiding a warranty?

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Minor marks on a die are not going to void the warranty. Not using a sufficient amount or say toothpaste would ;)

4. Sabs47

Sabs47 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Maintaining the same temperature so far but I've havent been gaming on the laptop as much as using it for everything else