Killer Wireless-AC 1550 Review

Discussion in 'Networking and Wireless' started by Ultra Male, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Atleast on 1535 model, DPC issues were never present on KCC since 1.5. DPC related issues were present on Killer network manager and it won't connect to Wifi AP which is 10cm away! Always it had issues one way or another. KNM was garbage software. KCC is far better on 1535. I can't say anything about 1550(i) because I don't have it.

Killer_Networking likes this.
  2. Killer_Networking

Killer_Networking Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's worth noting that the Killer Network Manager was also developed first by Bigfoot, and then by Qualcomm after they acquired the Bigfoot Killer name. Everything from the Killer Control Center forward is developed in-house by Rivet Networks. It's a smaller team, but one far more dedicated to the specific product.

-- Anthony with Killer Networking

Vasudev and WhatsThePoint like this.
  3. WhatsThePoint

WhatsThePoint Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    Ultra Male likes this.
  4. WhatsThePoint

Reputations:
    A weird thing about this new 21.10.0.2 driver.
    It installed and works without issue on all 6 SSDs that attach to my desktop PC that has a Killer 1550 in a PCIe x1 adapter On my MSI notebook with a Killer 1550 it installed without issue on a Samsung 1TB 860 EVO but on an M.2 SATA III Crucial SSD I cannot connect using it.Rolling back to the previous 21.0.0.5 driver allows connection on both bands.The troubleshooter cannot find a problem nor can I.
    My settings are the same on both drives.Probably time for a fresh OS installation on the crucial.That's usually easier than hours spent trying to find the issue.I normally do clean installs every 6-12 months anyway.

Ultra Male likes this.
  5. WhatsThePoint

Reputations:
    A clean installation of Windows 10 x64 Pro did the trick.The the Intel 21.10.0.2 wireless driver installed and I was able to connect on both bands easily using it.
    I planned on doing this yesterday but some bad weather knocked the power out in this area of Texas probably caused by a tornado touching down not too far away plus the high winds and thunder storms that came through.

jaybee83 likes this.