Killer Wireless-AC 1550 Review

Discussion in 'Networking and Wireless' started by Ultra Male, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    That's the main point why I despise this Killer Performance BS. Leave my freakin' bandwidth the heck alone! I have a 250MBPS connection and I don't wanna prioritize any bandwidth for anything! Let any app I use utilize the full bandwidth that I have it still won't affect anything! I could be downloading Windows or movies in the background and still play or go on doing anything I am doing without a sweat! We are not in 1999 anymore with dial up modems for the love of God!

macmyc likes this.
  2. macmyc

macmyc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The funny thing is that i have installed only the INF drivers because i hate the Killer Control Center! And it still installed that crap! I don't even know how that is possible

3. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Doesn't matter, I also always install INF only drivers. They have a deal with Microsoft where if the app store detects you have any Killer hardware in your taptop, be it the Ethernet or WLAN card, it will install all their garbage which is not only a Windows Store app mind you, just check your services, you will probably find the Killer Networking service installed there to so you'd have to use the Killer Uninstaller to get rid of all that junk!

macmyc likes this.
  4. macmyc

macmyc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    In services i have got Killer Network Service which is set to automatic, Killer Dynamic Bandiwdth Control (the one i disabled) and the xTend ******** that i have also disabled. I haven't managed to stop them from installing that crap, i even tried using Killer Uninstaller but everytime i reinstall the INF drivers, it puts back that junk.
    I'm glad i can at least disable them and avoid further issues but this is annoying.

Ultra Male likes this.
  5. Dennismungai

Dennismungai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    They're implementing truly killer features in their drivers.
    I'm considering switching out the 1535 in the P751DM2-G with something else.

macmyc likes this.
  6. Dennismungai

Dennismungai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    We should submit a ticket with this to the Killer devs.
    A minimalist driver is now needed, since apparently even their INFs can no longer be trusted.

Ultra Male and macmyc like this.
  7. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont waste $$$$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    @Killer_Networking
    6DB84FE9-0C5C-4B73-9CC2-09E5C6E1B2B7.jpeg

8. WhatsThePoint

WhatsThePoint Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The Intel Wireless ProSet works just fine for the Killer 1550 if the Killer software is not to your liking.

9. Killer_Networking

Killer_Networking Company Representative

Reputations:
    If you're installing the .INF only through Device Manager, then that literally cannot cause any application to be installed, as there is no installer run. Our driver-only installer also installs only the drivers. What you are probably seeing is the result of your machine or motherboard manufacturer pushing the Killer Control Center through Windows Update. We have no control over that. However, we do understand that some of our customers prefer not to use the Killer Control Center, so we have developed a blocking driver to prevent Windows Update from installing the Killer Control Center when it is not wanted. We have a guide for that here - https://support.killernetworking.com/knowledge-base/how-do-i-remove-the-killer-control-center/.

-- Anthony with Killer Networking