Killer N1525 Wireless-AC

Discussion in 'Networking and Wireless' started by WhatsThePoint, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bense

bense Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Does your MSI GT780DX have a M.2 wifi slot? I'd hate to see your awesome M.2 Wifi card remain in your M.2 -> Mini PCIe adapter :(

2. WhatsThePoint

WhatsThePoint Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The MSI GT780DX is over 3 years old and has a mini pcie slot for wireless cards.The only way to use a Killer N1525 is with the M.2 to PCIe adapter.

Also the U.FL type connectors on the antenna wires that connect to the card in the MSI GT780DX are too large.I need antennas with MHF4 connectors that fit on M.2 wireless cards.

3. Qing Dao

Qing Dao LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD

Reputations:
    Why does it matter? Mpcie and M.2 are electrically identical.

4. Thrall2004

Thrall2004 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, I also just got the 1525 wireless card, but I can't manage it to activate the bluetooth, as it is not shown in the device manager. I tried to install the driver you mentioned, but it didn't help. Does anybody has a clue? Help would be much appreciated. Thanks

5. Qing Dao

Qing Dao LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD

Reputations:
    The bluetooth and regular wireless might use different connections, of which the one that bluetooth uses is not connected on your laptop. For example, it might be connected using USB, but that slot on your laptop might not have USB wired up.

downloads likes this.
  6. Thrall2004

Thrall2004 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for the reply. But I had before that the Intel 7265 with Bluetooth, this was working fine ?! any ideas?

7. WhatsThePoint

Reputations:
    Don't use the newest Bluetooth driver.I had issues with 3.0.0.419 also but no issues with the previous 3.0.0.400

I contacted Killer support about the Device Manager issue almost 6 weeks ago but no fix yet

Performance Suite 1.1.48.1376 works well.

8. WhatsThePoint

Reputations:
  9. Yingyang370

Yingyang370 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey I have the Killer N1525 in my GS60 Ghost Pro - 064. I have the 3.0.0.400 bluetooth driver and the 1.1.49.1068 Suite installed on Win 8.1. I'm trying to run multiple DS4 controllers on my pc for some multiplayer goodness. When I have two or more connected, the connection is awful, and doesn't receive input multiple times a second, making games unplayable. I've tried the newest bluetooth driver, the one I'm currrently using, and the 3.0.0.357 one, to no avail. It's not the DS4 tool, as it works perfectly with one wired and one wireless, and I have the same issue with one controller connected wirelessly and my phone connected to my laptop via bluetooth. I'm completely stumped. The intel 7260 on my old laptop could handle 4 controllers flawlessly. Does anybody else have this problem?

10. tu'shan

tu'shan Newbie

Reputations:
    Can anyone tell me how this card compares to the Intel 7265?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.