Killer N1525 Wireless-AC

Discussion in 'Networking and Wireless' started by WhatsThePoint, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhatsThePoint

WhatsThePoint Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I've been running with the suite installed since before I made the post with the update info and have not had any disconnect issues.

What you can try is opening the Task Manager >Performance and stop the Network Manager from running.It's not needed.

Also look for any Killer Network items in Start up and disable them.

I had an issue with the new Bluetooth driver not having the QAC61x4 show up in Device Manager > Bluetooth so I went back to the 3.0.0.400 BT driver.

2. nbrguy

nbrguy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I agree. M.2 is not really necessary. It's only a tiny bit smaller than mPCIe.

Anyway, those adapters only solve the mPCIe slot problem, but doesn't solve the antenna connector problem.

Antennas for mPCIe cards have bigger connectors that M.2 antenna connectors.

3. Qing Dao

Qing Dao LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD

Reputations:
    The connector is a little bit narrower, but the surface area of the PCB remains unchanged. They get narrower, but longer.

That is simple. Clip off the old connectors and crimp/solder new ones on. That, or just rewire the antennas.

4. huai

huai Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wikipedia is there to answer all your questions:

Serial ATA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MrPromaster likes this.
  5. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Anyone know where to buy this card yet?

6. Noteb00kFreaK

Noteb00kFreaK Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @ HTWingNut

I know a german reseller who had (a few days ago) still two! Killer 1525 cards left and I know reseller who sells the Intel AC 7265 for 29€.

So if you are intrested I can write you a PM with the name of the resellers and you can contact them via mail. :)

@ all

I hearded about big driver issues with the Killer 1525. What is your experience? (I ordered my new Notebook with this card) xD

7. bigdaniel

bigdaniel Newbie

Reputations:
    Can you send me the name of the german reseller with the 1525?

8. Noteb00kFreaK

Noteb00kFreaK Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I cannot send you a private mail.... ;)

9. WhatsThePoint

WhatsThePoint Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Well I got the needed parts from Mouser Electronics so I tried the Killer N1525 in my old desktop using the Intel desktop AC-7260 adapter.

I removed the mini pcie AC-7260 that came with the adapter and replaced it with the Killer N1525.This required putting the N1525 inside an M.2 to PCIe adapter and changing the antenna wire connectors from U.FL type to MHF4

The desktop is in an empty room at the far end of the house about 40' from the router.

Next project will be to put the N1525 in a 3 year old MSI GT780DX.I need to do some soldering first to replace the U.FL connectors with MHF4 type on a spare pair of pc

N1525 in Desktop Adapter
    N1525 in M.2 to PCI-e adapter
    AC-7260(stock) in Desktop Adapter
    WiFi Status Monitor + Device Manager

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
    Qing Dao and MrPromaster like this.
  10. RMXO

RMXO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Have you tried GentechPC? I actually had one ordered & a 200W power adaptor for the P35Xv3 before cancelling the order since I returned the laptop.

I have the card with the GS70 970m and it's sweet. I have no issues connecting to older routers like the P35X did. My one pet peeve is that it doesn't connect automatically to my home & GF's router unless I manually connect but it's could be a W8.1 thing. In Windows I have it to connect automatically but it doesn't work. No biggie for me since everything else on the laptop works, get great signal and great Rx/Tx rate with the card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.