Killer N1525 Wireless-AC

Discussion in 'Networking and Wireless' started by WhatsThePoint, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GerardMT

GerardMT Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi WhatsThePoint.

I would like to send this via a PM, but I'm new at this forum and I can't :S. So, here it goes:

As I wrote in the other post, I'm here because I'm having the wifi drop issue with my GS60 2PE (with the 7260AC) ONLY when I'm using the dedicated GPU. I would like to know if you had the same issue and if you solved it at 100% (now you don't have disconection using the GPU at full load).

I'm asking this because if I open my GS60 by myself to replace the wireless card I would lost my warranty (I have to remove the sticker). And I want to be 99% sure that this will solve the issue, if not, I would have to send the laptop to an RMA and see if they change the card.

Thanks.

2. WhatsThePoint

WhatsThePoint Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Losing warranty due to breaking the sticker varies according to the region you're in and consumer protection statutes.

With the Killer N1525 I've had no disconnects at all after opening the lid and waking the notebook from sleep mode since installing the card last Friday.

I don't know if your issue is the same.

The only difficulty I had installing the N1525 was attaching the antenna wires to the tiny wireless card with my big hands and old eyes.

When I put on an illuminated magnifying headset it became a lot easier.

3. macknewm

macknewm Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So, no one know currently how to just buy one of these cards separately?

4. WhatsThePoint

Reputations:
    If you bought your notebook from one of the resellers that customize stock MSI,Sager,Alienware etc(Gentech PC,Xotic PC,Power Notebooks,Pro- Star et al) that frequent these NBR forums daily with free help and advice contact them about availability.

I think the Intel AC-7265 should also be making a long overdue appearance soon.

Both the Killer N1525 and Intel AC-7265 are M.2 form factor only.

The AC-7265 is listed in the specs of the Alienware Alpha ASM100-7980 Console that's due to be released on Nov 21,2014.

5. WhatsThePoint

Reputations:
    The Killer N1525 Wireless-AC continues to work without issue with Official 1.1.47.1374 driver/software on my Windows 8.1 x64 installation but on the Windows 10 Technical Preview build 9860 I have issue with my Logitech M557 Bluetooth Mouse and Nexus 5 being paired after a reboot or cold boot.

Qualcomm Atheros (Killer) has a history of not supplying drivers for new Windows OS until they are GA final.

The BT driver installs correctly on W10TP x64 when run in Windows 8 compatibility mode as Admin but my devices have issues staying paired on reboots.

6. Qing Dao

Qing Dao LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD

Reputations:
    So these newest cards are M.2 only and not coming to mini-pcie?

7. WhatsThePoint

Reputations:
    Maybe mini pci-e wireless cards have reached the end of the line with the current offerings.

The newest cards AC-7265 and Killer N1525 are M.2 only while many of the the newest notebooks are shipping with the M.2 AC-7260NGW

8. WhatsThePoint

Reputations:
    New Official Qualcoom Atheros Killer Performance Suite version 1.1.48.1376

New Bluetooth drivers also.

Windows 7: version 4.0.0.419

Windows 8.1: version 3.0.0.419

Driver Downloads | Qualcomm Atheros, Inc.

9. Qing Dao

Qing Dao LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD

Reputations:
    I really don't see the point of M.2. It is the same size as a half-mini pcie and it has the same sata, pcie, and usb connections. Anyway, I suspect that there should be M.2 to mini pcie adapters out sometime soon, since it would fit and would just need to re-arrange the pins.

Edit:
    I found this: http://www.hwtools.net/Adapter/M2MP1.html

On Taobao.com here in China I found some other M.2 to msata/mpcie adapters for $4...

10. GreaseMonkey90

GreaseMonkey90 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Someone needs to rip the pure driver out. The suite is causing a lot of connection drops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.