Killer N1525 Wireless-AC

Discussion in 'Networking and Wireless' started by WhatsThePoint, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Staticrzr

Staticrzr Newbie

Reputations:
    Guys, i'm in real trouble . I have a MSI GS70 laptop wich has a killer 1525 card. I have some issues with it. Most of the time my card just disappears from device manager and I can't do anything to make it work. I have the latest version of BIOS, I reinstalled the Windows twice, even tried to go back to Windows 7. Nothing fixed it. I mean, at the moment my wifi card is "not found", but tomorrow morning when I'm going to start my laptop I'm sure it will work until the first shut down or something. I couldn't find any pattern for this STRANGE Behavior. I mean.. As I said, sometimes my wifi card shows in device manager and everything is fine and sometimes it just doesn't .Did anyone had this issue yet ?

Cyberuben likes this.
  2. alexhawker

alexhawker Spent Gladiator

Reputations:
    Could it be a loose connection? Have you tried re-seating the card?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Staticrzr

Staticrzr Newbie

Reputations:
    Hmm, i haven't tried that, no. I'll do that and I'll let you guys know.

4. sasuke256

sasuke256 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Switched to Intel Dual Band 8260 AC, will test and see how it works with my parents WLAN. It was buggy with the 1525AC.

hmscott and Phoenix like this.
  5. kmb

kmb Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi staticrzr,

I saw your comment about the problem with the completely random availability of the WiFi card. Did you manage find a solution? I have exactly the same issue and it's completely annoying. My laptop is a MSI GS70 stealth pro.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Cyberuben likes this.
  6. sasuke256

sasuke256 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I went home for 2 days, no more speed problems our dropouts.. stable ping :D
    INTEL good job !

hmscott likes this.
  7. 0lok

0lok Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hi, Has anyone had a problem installing and reinstalling your network driver? I have noticed that when I uninstall my killer network driver from programs and features and also in the device manager and then install the killer suite again what will happen is that I can connect to the network but no internet connection. I have also tried uninstall the network driver and installing the killer driver standard without the bloatware from the device manager and still I can connect to my wifi network and still no internet connection. I was stuck without a internet connection for awhile. Also I have tried using the windows troubleshooting program to fix the problem and it stated it is a network driver issue and cannot fix the problem. Also I have tried using the driver which windows automatically install and I cannot connect to my network. what a bummer. My only way to get my internet connection back is to load my backup image using macrium reflect. Has anyone encountered this problem? Please help solve this issue. Thanks alot.

8. Cyberuben

Cyberuben Newbie

Reputations:
    I have exactly the same issue as both these guys. I opened my laptop to see if the card was not connected properly, however, all the connectors seem to be in place, properly, not moving and not loose by any means. I'm fairly sure that this is a driver issue, I've read something about "drivers going into deep sleep mode". Sometimes repeatedly restarting or repeatedly installing the drivers again fixes the issue.

I now tried to contact Killer to see if they can solve the issue, I'll post here again may there ever be a response from them.

9. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    I tried the latest driver from Killer, Killer AC1535 WLAN Driver v12.0.0.270 but it was randomly disconnecting.

I then used the latest driver for this WLAN card from Clevo, Killer WLAN Driver v12.0.0.260 and no more disconnects.

Mind you, I always only install the driver via device manager without the Killer app

10. Cyberuben

Cyberuben Newbie

Reputations:
    Just to be clear, you were experiencing the exact same issue where Device Manager showed the device as disconnected (Code 45) and the wireless network adapter didn't show in "Network adapters"?

And I have the 1525, not the 1535, I'm not sure if there is such a difference between them?