Killer AX1650 Info And Review

Discussion in 'Networking and Wireless' started by WhatsThePoint, Apr 27, 2019.

1. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    Mine was A/E to A/E. Although it should work with either key as they are the same slot.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

2. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    E and A/E cards are interchangeable as long as you dont sport an A/E slot (physical incompatibility with E only cards).

have u tried the 1650x in another laptop?

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Oxygen) using Tapatalk

WhatsThePoint and Ultra Male like this.
  3. Pepillo

Pepillo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I do not have another laptop .......

4. Aivxtla

Aivxtla Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This may seem pointless but here was a recent experience with an old Dell Latitude 7440 I upgraded from the Intel 7265ac to 9260ac; it didn’t work until I reset the bios, FYI enabling disabling WiFi in bios didn’t make a difference. Apparently on some laptops WiFi card can be sometimes set to disabled when changed as was my case when I checked status in Ubuntu via command line as on GUI it simply showed as no adapter installed.

So @Pepillo try resetting the bios to defaults or worst case disconnect the main battery and CMOS battery and do a hard reset or whatever the MSI procedure for it is. I believe I actually was forced to do the latter before I got my 9260ac to work.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    jaybee83 and Pepillo like this.
  5. WhatsThePoint

WhatsThePoint Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    One of my AX1650 cards is in a 5 year old MSI GS60 2PL and it works without issue.

Install the newest Intel WiFi driver downloaded from the Intel website since it contains a exe file.
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/59485/Wireless-Networking

Without a compatible driver installed the wireless card may not be seen in device manager.

Once the driver is installed the card should show up in device manager and working when choosing your SSID and entering your password if needed.

WPA2,WPA3 or WPA2 + WPA3 should be your security setting for best performance.

The driver then can be updated with inf file driver updates like the ones supplied by Killer Networking or those I have supplied links for.

The newest is version of the wireless driver is 21.20.0.5

Screenshot - 6_11_2019 , 10_47_23 AM.jpg

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  6. Pepillo

Pepillo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks for the tip, if I try it I will post results.

7. xLima

xLima Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Report back please, I am a few days away from receiving mine via Grabr (US -> AU) and would hate to have to pay the retailer 2x to swap them back and forth.

Sadly in order to conserve warranty in AU upgrades must be done by authorised MSI retailers or MSI themselves.

Mine is gs65 8se, I will be upgrading RAM, SSD and tossing in the WiFi card.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

8. WhatsThePoint

WhatsThePoint Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Along with today's Windows Insider Preview build 18917 is Intel Bluetooth driver version 21.20.0.4

I've uploaded the files needed to update the Intel BT driver to my Mediafire account to share them with my fellow forum members.

There is no exe file so they are for updating an existing Intel BT driver though device manager.

Please let me know if you have any problems using the files.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vok1lc6q0s19bij/BT_21.20.0.4.zip/file

Screenshot - 6_13_2019 , 10_59_30 AM.jpg

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  9. CataIin

CataIin Newbie

Reputations:
  10. Stollen123

Stollen123 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Intel AX200 wireless adapter and Dell xps 15 (9570)

I use Dell xps 15 (9570) and i did upgrade the Wi-Fi Card to Intel AX200 Wi-Fi 6 Card with the AX Standard.
    I have a Fiber internet connection FTTH) 500Mbit/s Download and 200Mbit/s upload.
    Calling Dell support before installing the card they assured that I could use the Card but Dell does not support it officially at least until now..

I am using a Router with the ac standard or Wi-Fi 5...

The card is slow and the connection to the internet is breaking from time to time. And the range of Signal is not that Great.
    And the Speedtest is showing Download at Maximum about 300 MBit/s
    When I use my IPad Pro 11 I am getting download at about 500Mbit/s

When I right click on the WiFi connection and then go to property I could see the card speed is about 390 MBit/s in the 5 GHz canal..rarely it would show 430 MBit/s .. and twice it showed for few seconds the speed of 866 MBit/s
    I use the latest WiFi drive..did reset the WiFi connection in Windows 10 ..the router has the latest drive..

What can I do to resolve the problem?