Killer 1535 WLAN/BT Problems & Solutions

Discussion in 'Networking and Wireless' started by Vasudev, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    @Killer_Networking Is there any known bugs with v1803.619? I think BT is not working properly especially BT Audio. I see that, removal of paired devices such as headphones re-appear instantly as Paired w/o even pairing! On Linux, I just checked, for a minute or two it was connecting or showing incorrect device being connected as Audio Source/Sink when sound was played through my headphone. I rebooted again on Linux, removed all existing paired devices and voila, everything is working on Linux even BT audio. On Windows 10, BT audio doesn't work after updating to 619 and now downgraded to build 590 and still have issues. Any ideas on how to cleanup existing BT entries for clean reset like experience?

2. Killer_Networking

Killer_Networking Company Representative

Reputations:
    Unfortunately, this is an issue with Windows, not any specific Bluetooth adapter, and it has been going on for a lot longer than 1803. You can find a very long Microsoft Answers thread on the subject here - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/ea6da83d-583e-4b80-8714-367510879f07.

The Bluetooth adapter and device driver do nothing but provide connectivity. The operating system and the device drivers for each Bluetooth device are responsible for everything else.

I have yet to find any real fix to the many Bluetooth issues with Windows 10. I can only suggest updating to 1809 to see if that resolves the problem.

-- Anthony with Killer Networking

Vasudev likes this.
  3. Vasudev

Reputations:
    Thanks for the reply Anthony. I'll try the steps mentioned in that thread!
    I want to know if there's any workaround from Killer dev team to try?
    I refrained from updating to v1809 because it brought only few things to the table and 99% of the time I have seen the problem it caused on perfectly working hardwares.
    Can you give any insight whether https://www.ath-drivers.eu/ is reputed or not? I installed the bare bone driver on my old laptops with atheros BT drivers and after 3 years I finally have a BT audio working w/o running W7 driver.

4. WhatsThePoint

WhatsThePoint Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I don't normally use many BT devices but since my Surface Pro 5 tablet(Marvell AVASTAR Wireless AC) has only one USB port I use a MS BT Surface mouse and Samsung BT Level On headphones.

Both BT devices work well with the Surface Pro.(Marvell BT)and have yet needed to be paired again due to a loss of pairing or loss of sound from the Samsung

A set of Beoplay H5 BT earbuds had a great many pairing issues so they are not usable with the Surface Pro.

Using a MS BT mouse with an MSI GS60 notebook(Killer 1550) often required manually unpairing and pairing after losing connectivity so I use a USB MS mobile mouse without any issues.(Intel BT)
    Intel BT driver 20.120.0.3

My Android phones have headphone jacks so I don't deal with BT sound issues.

Vasudev likes this.
  5. Vasudev

Reputations:
  6. Killer_Networking

Reputations:
    Unfortunately, we do not have any workaround as we have not been able to duplicate the issues. I wish I had a better answer. :(

The only reason I suggested updating to 1809 is because I have had a few users tell me that this resolved the issue for them. Reinstalling Windows altogether also tends to resolve this issue, although nobody likes that answer, myself included.

Regarding https://www.ath-drivers.eu/, I really can't say. I haven't heard anything specifically bad about them, and I know people do use the drivers from there. However, I have no idea where that website gets those drivers, or how thoroughly they are tested, or which devices each driver is actually meant to support, as opposed to just matching hardware IDs, which doesn't always work as you might expect. Still, it's certainly worth trying, if you're willing to take the risk. You can always set a system restore point, test, and then roll back. If you do find a driver that solves this issue, please let me know which version (or just send me the link) so that I can suggest it to other users with this issue. I'm always looking for solutions.

-- Anthony with Killer Networking

Vasudev likes this.
  7. Vasudev

Reputations:
    No backup 100% risk and drivers are near identical copies just like MSFT update catalog. A bare metal inf installations only.
    Can you please provide me the details or any forums wherein v1809 fixed BT issues?
    EDIT: Found them. There're loads of threads in reddit.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    Killer_Networking likes this.
  8. Killer_Networking

Reputations:
    It's honestly hit or miss. It's just a possible solution, not necessarily the solution. I have suggested it to users, and some have said that updating to 1809 solved the issue, while others have said that it did not. However, at this point, 1809 is pretty stable and has had a big cumulative update as of late January, so it's as safe as anything Windows 10, and it's not like you won't be forced into the update very soon anyway.

Vasudev likes this.
  9. Vasudev

Reputations:
    Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I'll wait for 19H1. I think they changed A2DP and entire BT stack for v1809.

10. WhatsThePoint

WhatsThePoint Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The April 2019 Windows 10 update for everyone is said to be what is known today as Windows Insider 19H1(Redstone 6) with build 18346 released yesterday to Insiders on the Fast Ring.

Listed as one of the fixes in this build....We fixed an issue which caused the Bluetooth Hands-Free audio driver to hang.

Whether this will fix your issue is not known.

As I alluded to in my previous post is that all problems may not be OS related but related to the BT devices themselves.