Kids These Days... I Can't Believe It!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Star Forge, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cin'

Cin' Anathema

Reputations:
    Usually we have disrespectful Teenyboppers bullying one another on school busses & at school..
    Now they are doing worse by disrespecting and bullying adults who could be their Grandmothers, etc. : (

The dignity she held by remaining composed on that bus ride....but those tears, that she should not have had to endure by those punks (well I would like to have been able to use another P word, but alas rules are rules).

Now I hope these twits suffer the shame and consequences for their actions and I hope that she comes out ahead and never has to do this type of job again where she is so treated so badly.

2. too456

too456 Resident Angry Bird

Reputations:
    $375k raised. I think she can pretty much retire by now, that's almost 25 years' worth of her salary. The amount donated is still increasing like crazy ;)

3. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I'm donating $20. Just because she deserves it. $375k if spent wisely can last a solid 10 or more years. Hopefully she has other money saved. And likely she will end up with a solid $500k or more. Wonder if she has to pay taxes on all that though. Not sure how that all works. It would suck if the government took their share too. So money people earned that was taxed given to another person is taxed again... sigh.

4. hizzaah

hizzaah Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    That's an interesting though HT. Hope too much won't go to taxes! I'm sure she's aware of the fundraiser by now, I can't imagine how she's feeling right now :)

I probably would've been incarcerated for beating the crap out of those kids if I were her.. Or there. I'm usually a fairly introverted person, but things like this don't fly with me...... gah!!

Edit: There's someone spamming this in her fundraiser comments every few minutes:
    That's all that's in that user's post history..

5. talin

talin Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    That crime does pay? :p

6. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I give her a LOT of credit though. I would have been arrested for laying a serious beat down on those kids.

7. redrazor11

redrazor11 Formerly waterwizard11

Reputations:
    I live around the Rochester area...and I can say, if these kids are not severely disciplined now, they will be the next generation of gang violence in the city, ultimately acting out the vivid language in the video.

Children need to be reminded of their place in the world "seen and not heard".

8. Star Forge

Star Forge Quaggan's Creed Redux!

Reputations:

Which is weird because Greece was not really a bad community to be around the Rochester region. I guess I was fortunate to be in Pittsford for my four years and we rarely, if ever, saw anyone in my high school been ever been bullied, but rivalries and competition factors were pretty common however...

9. Mr_Mysterious

Mr_Mysterious Like...duuuuuude

Reputations:
    Kids like these make me believe in the power of corporal punishment. As long as it's not abused, it can be a very effective tool. But it's too controversial for a nation like America.

Mr. Mysterious

10. Ichinenjuu

Ichinenjuu Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I think I read somewhere that one of the boys had received "1000 death threats". Punishment or not, this is going to follow them for a good part of their lives.