1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Keyboard squeaking

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Cmonroe0, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cmonroe0

Cmonroe0 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Over the past few days I have noticed the keyboard of my G1 squeaking very slightly on several keys. The squeak isn't loud, but its just noticeable to be annoying. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue? I don't want to go taking things apart before I consulted this forum first :D Thanks for the help.

2. David

David NBR Random Reviewer NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    You don't have to take the whole thing apart :) If your notebook is still under warranty, call Asus and they should send you a new keyboard for free. If not, you can pick one up from the Asus estore for about $10

3. Oberkanone

Oberkanone Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I did a search for keyboard squeak and here I am, my HP notebook has a squeak from the spacebar. Eeek, sounds like a mouse in my keyboard!
    My notebook is only a week old and I'm wondering, did your squeak go away, is it still squeaking, or did you replace the keyboard?