Keyboard light stuck after Windows reinstallation.

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by SL2, Jun 13, 2018.

1. SL2

SL2 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I reinstalled Windows on the laptop in my sig. After installing loads of drivers and programs I noticed that the keyboard is on all the time, even though the timeout is set to 15 seconds. Since I had updated BIOS just before installing it was hard to say what was causing it.

Now I know that the light shuts off as expected in BIOS. I even did a reinstallation on a different disk since I thought Windows 10 1803 was the reason for it, but the light shuts off there as well.

Before I try anything else I just want to check if anyone here have any suggestions, hoping that it might save some time.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  2. StormJumper

StormJumper Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Is that a custom keyboard with keyboard driver installed? Check the BIOS to see if there is a option to disable or turn off keyboard lights option.

3. tomandreson

tomandreson Newbie

Reputations:
    I was using the windows 7 but now I updated it to windows 10. The problem that I am facing right now is that my keyboard is turning on all the time. I go in the setting and change the light time 15 sec to 30 secs, but there is no change. I also have a custom keyboard with the keyboard driver. I reinstalled the windows 10 again and again but facing the same problem. I asked Microsoft Support Canada about this issue. So is any solution??

4. SL2

SL2 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The light only stays on after standby, never from booting.

It's hard to tell what's causing this. I actually updated to a new BIOS version that acts weird from time to time, so maybe that's the reason.