Keyboard Light Fix (Gary Key)

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by ziddy123, Aug 27, 2010.

1. samuelius

samuelius Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

a guy from Asus Rog forum pointed me here to fix my keyboard backlight problem. Strange thing happend - followed the instructions, also double checked the forum if this works on other laptops than G73JH and after running "fixmykb" in the DOS the flash tool showed me "Can't write data, Return code -1" but after pressing ctrl+alt+del to restart the notebook the KB lights came up!! And in windows I just intalled the latest ATK package and now the KB lights are working!!!
    So I don't know ... but nevertheIess BIG THANKS to Gary Key because even his tool returned error and I saw no "flash processing" (whole precedure took max 5 seconds for me to read wtf the error is and press ctrl+alt+del), it obviously remind my KB to light up!

More details:
    Laptop Asus G55VW, problem occured after motherboard replacement (due to faulty GPU),
    BIOS updated ver.217
    Windows 10 Home

2. samuelius

samuelius Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

a guy from Asus Rog forum pointed me here to fix my keyboard backlight problem. Strange thing happend - followed the instructions, also double checked the forum if this works on other laptops than G73JH and after running "fixmykb" in the DOS the flash tool showed me "Can't write data, Return code -1" but after pressing ctrl+alt+del to restart the notebook the KB lights came up!! And in windows I just intalled the latest ATK package and now the KB lights are working!!!
    So I don't know ... but nevertheIess BIG THANKS to Gary Key because even his tool returned error and I saw no "flash processing" (whole precedure took max 5 seconds for me to read wtf the error is and press ctrl+alt+del), it obviously remind my KB to light up!

More details:
    Laptop Asus G55VW, problem occured after motherboard replacement (due to faulty GPU),
    BIOS updated ver.217
    Windows 10 Home

3. samuelius

samuelius Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

So I don't know but nevertheIess BIG THANKS to Gary Key because even his tool returned error and I saw no "flash processing" (whole precedure took max 5 seconds for me to read wtf the error is and press ctrl+alt+del), it obviously remind my KB to light up!

More details:
    BIOS updated ver.217
    Windows 10 Home

4. samuelius

samuelius Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry for triple post...pls delete, the forum somehow lagged on my laptop when clicking "post reply"...

5. ll_r1d0_ll

ll_r1d0_ll Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    same thing happened on my asus G73sw Version and now my keyboard lights are working :)

6. Kellbass

Kellbass Newbie

Reputations:
    Wow. After maybe 3-4 years with backlit dead i found this thread. This worked on my Asus g73JW. I changed dead motherboard, then i thought i broke keyboard flat cable, then i recenty bought new one with backlit and nothing worked on boot. This... This is so satisfying. Thank you very much. And the God said let there be light.

7. Kellbass

Kellbass Newbie

Reputations:
  8. dmellap

dmellap Newbie

Reputations:
    hola :)segui las instrucciones para el parche de Gary y funciono sin problemas en un asus G51jx (motherboard g60j rev 2.0)
    increible como unas solucion de hace 7 años aun es necesaria tras un cambio de placa.
    gracias por compartir la solucion a pesar de no haber estado registrado :)

9. Zebes

Zebes Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry to bump such an old post, but I need assistance.
    I have an Asus G55VW that is experiencing the keyboard back light issue. I have tried following all other tutorials on correcting the issue with no luck and am ready to try this method to fix the issue.
    My hangup is that I can't find the files anywhere. I've done pretty extensive searching and every single link is dead. Hoping someone here still has the files saved and is willing to share them.

Anyways, thanks in advanced!
    -Kyle

10. y590

y590 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  11. fifthelement89

fifthelement89 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello guys.

Will this work on my Asus N56VB? Is the file the same?