Keyboard Light Fix (Gary Key)

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by ziddy123, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toxictaru

Toxictaru Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Shouldn't be, Asus worked out a lot of the "kinks" with the JH, so when the JWs came out, the problems shouldn't have been an issue. If you're having a backlight issue with your keyboard on a JW, it is more than likely a physical issue (something came loose, or the keyboard has failed).

2. superthrust

superthrust Newbie

Reputations:
    So, can this work for my ASUS G53JW? Cause i no longer have keyboard lights at all, and they do not turn on during post....

3. Caloy

Caloy Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello all,

I've just installed Windows 8 on my ASUS G73SW-BST6, and I'm beginning to regret it. I'm no computer wiz and everything I've read so far seems to be out of my league. After installing Windows 8, my keyboard fn (function) key is useless. I can't seem to get any functionality on the function key, and my keyboard back lights will not turn on. Is there anyway I can restore keyboard function key functionality as well as whatever else is not working?

Please help me with some dumb down instructions as like I said, I'm no computer wiz.

I apologize if I'm posting on the wrong thread, and please point me to the right one as I've been searching for a solution on my issues for the better part of the day already and I'm ready to throw in the towel. Thanks in advance on whoever can help me out.

Cheers!
    Caloy

4. tijo

tijo Sacred Blame Super Moderator

Reputations:
    ATK version 1.0.0016 worked just fine on my N50Vn and Windows 8 release preview, otherwise, try the latest version available which is at 20 something and should be fully Windows 8 compatible.

5. Caloy

Caloy Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you for replying Tijo, but can you break it down to more simpler terms? If it's not asking too much a step by step instruction on what to do, where to download would be awesome. I'm not very technical in terms and know how. I would be truly greatful if you can.

=)

6. tijo

Reputations:
  7. Caloy

Caloy Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone,

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who tried to help me out. I truly appreciate all your effort.

The good news is, that I've finally resolved my issues, and would like to thank auggy from the microsoft community forum for helping me with my issue. Hopefully by re-sharing his advice, I could help someone as well.

He gave me a link for the Windows 8 version of the ATK: I uninstalled the previous ATK, then re-installed the latest version found on the LINK he provided. And looks like everything is working correctly now.

If this solution has worked for anyone, please take the time to thank the person who helped me: auggy - Microsoft Community

Again, thank you for all your support. I truly appreciate everything.

-Carlo

8. asm19

asm19 Newbie

Reputations:
    This fix only works on the G73 and will also work on my Asus N56VZ?
    My asus came from technical assistance (put a new motherboard) and now have no lights on the keyboard.
    I know you can lose the lights to update the BIOS but it already came with the latest update, 211. Does "lost" the lights when they did the update?
    Help please.

Thanks

9. asm19

asm19 Newbie

Reputations:
    Help please!

10. tijo

Reputations:
    Short answer: I don't think anyone knows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.