Kernel stopped working

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Jakeya, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Jakeya

Jakeya Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have windows 10 64 bit pro, during rendering the game will freeze at random, then kernel stopped working etc, tried different drivers specially at OEM, I only have freezes during gaming, low demanding games are not a problem, but if I play Quantum Break, Rise of the tomb raider and others my fans rev up for no reason, my rig is not overheating for sure coz its like 60 degrees only, please help.

I already made factory reset, things improved a bit but the problem is still existent, is there a software to wipe out the old drivers I installed before? I am using NVidia gtx 880m SLI, even at single card I experience a game freeze.

EDIT: at some games I already lowered some settings, but same results specially with tomb raider and quantum break, dx 12 is already disable in the game settings

2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  3. Jakeya

Reputations:
    Thanks for the reply, I tried that and the situation improved somehow, now I have this dxgi error device hung, can you suggest any driver stable for rise of the tomb raider and phantom pain?

EDIT: ok I recently updated my win 10 64 pro by internet, will gaming be affected if win 10 is updated or not?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    Vasudev likes this.
  4. Vasudev

Reputations:
    dxgi error means your GPU clocks aren't stable enough if you have overclocked. Try at stock GPu clocks or turn down the clocks using nvidia inspector.
    If you're running at stock clocks and still you get dxgi error it means your GPU is faulty.

5. Jakeya

Reputations:
    Made some improvements in the last few days, completely fresh install all my drivers and did not made some updates after fresh install of windows 10, only oem drivers and utilities and the latest nvidia driver. Fortunately im getting the error at rise of tomb raider and mankind divided, run ddu and installed vanilla drivers from sager. Same, again ddu the vanilla driver then latest driver, works flawless, so far. In other games like fallout 4, witcher 3 etc i didnt had problems, only the 2 games i mentioned strangely enough i had problems before.

Sent from my SM-G9287C using Tapatalk

Vasudev likes this.
  6. Vasudev

Reputations:
    Your GPU model please?

7. Jakeya

Reputations:
    Nvidia gtx 880m SLi

Sent from my SM-G9287C using Tapatalk

Vasudev likes this.
  8. Vasudev

Reputations:
    Download this one and give me a screenshot showing GPU drivers and audio drivers

9. Jakeya

Reputations:
  10. Vasudev

Reputations:
    Now create a restore point and start Driver store explorer in admin mode and tick Force deletion and click Select Older driver and hit delete package.