Kaspersky or Nod32

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by taelrak, May 18, 2007.

?

Best Antivirus?

1. Kaspersky 6

33 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Nod32 2.7

60 vote(s)
    64.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fusionburn

Fusionburn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My vote is for Nod32. Have you also considered Bitdefender?

2. ivar

ivar Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Evolution,

please kindly accept my public apology. I did it emotionally. With full respect to your sincere wish to help people I promise to give you back what I took. :)

Fusionburn,

I tested both nod32 and bitdefender working at the same time. My conclusions was that bitdefender has more effective heuristic. However, I removed it because
    sometimes it was just too aggressive with taking the computing resurces. If I would be able to get for free, I would probabbly still keep it on my notebook in order to make regular extra scans.

3. taelrak

taelrak Lost

Reputations:
  4. lxFOCUSxl

lxFOCUSxl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    AVG ****ers

5. Aerozolic

Aerozolic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nothing else to say than NOD32 FTW!

6. qohelet

qohelet Senior Member

Reputations:
    both are good antivir. however, i'm currently using nod 32.

7. sathyaterry

sathyaterry Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Im usin kaspersky.. But when i try to install the kaspersky internet security i get a msg sayin i have to remove the kaspersky anti virus..
    what shud i do? which is bttr?whats the dif btw the 2?

8. Evolution

Evolution Vox Sola

Reputations:
    You can't have kaspersky anti-virus installed at the same time as the internet security. This is because the internet security also has the anti-virus component included this is why it is telling you to remove anti-virus version you have installed. You need to remove the anti-virus and then install the internet security, this is the only way...

The difference between the 2 is the internet security has a firewall built in as well as anti-spam and other components designed to keep your computer safe from the "wilds" of the internet, while the anti-virus alone is just that an anti-virus application.

9. sathyaterry

sathyaterry Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So technically the kaspersky internet security is better than kaspersky anti virus??
    But then.. Mcafee allows me to install 10 applications(virusscan,spamkiller,etc)? but i cant install 2 kaspersky applications??

Should install mcafee which has all the applications..? i dont think there wud be any change in perfomance as i have a core2 duo 1.83GHx processor with a gig of ram..
    Will my laptop slow down?
    or shud i continue with my kaspersky anti virus? or remove it in favour of kaspersky internet security?

Which shud be my ultimate choice ?

Mcafee?
    Kaspersky Anti virus?
    Kaspersky internet security?

Sorry for askin so many questions..

10. Sneaky_Chopsticks

Sneaky_Chopsticks Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I Choose neither. You should go with the Zonealarm Security Suite. It's firewall is so good, that it's almost impossible for viruses to go through.lol

Their Anti-Virus is very good, and quite thorough. With the use of its anti spy-ware, you have a secure, safe, computer.

THere are many other features.

Here's th website that you can compare. I highly recommend this program for your personal computer defense.

http://www.zonealarm.com/store/cont...znalm/comparison.jsp?dc=12bms&ctry=US&lang=en

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.