Kaspersky Internet security VS antivirus!?!

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by Satyrion, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satyrion

Satyrion Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I see Kaspersky internet security 2009 costs 55 bucks while kaspersky antivirus 2009 costs 39 bucks. Whats the difference of these 2 programs and which one is better?

2. ivar

ivar Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No difference, both make you vulnarable to malicious soft from Russia, as Mr. Kaspersky is a collaborator of Russian FSB service, and one of the coordinators of Russian internet attacks on those who don't obey Putin's regime of KGB-FSB mafia.

I advice you better spend your $$$. F-secure is one of the best AV progs which I found to take special care about the malware originating from Russia (including
    Kaspaersky lab or those next door to it and trained by Kaspersky).

3. Satyrion

Satyrion Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So by buying this program i support KGB? Wow i already feel like a gangster crime lord of Russia the motherland! :D

Anyway i already bought Kaspersky Internet security 2009 for 60 bucks!

4. ivar

ivar Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    too bad for you and your country. :mad:
    i am not joking here.

5. Baserk

Baserk Notebook user

Reputations:
    But....but....F-Secure uses different scanning engines like Hydra, Blacklight and AVP. (Some others in it's online scanner..)
    And the AVP engine used, is from Kaspersky.
    So that would mean that the good Hydra and Blacklight are fighting against the bad AVP engine?
    So F-Secure's net result would be 0??? J/K ;)

6. huh

huh Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    KIS has more functions than KAV. You can refer here: kaspersky.com/compare

7. turmherr

turmherr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    For me kaspersky does well...
    Compaired to other AV programs ive had, kasper tends to pick up what other AV's dont. Also they update alot more often.

8. ivar

ivar Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The main danger is not the engine itself but in the "virus updates" you are unprotectedly delivered to while using KAV. On the "day X" you can get whatever KGB-FSB wants to install on your PC. It is just shortsighted that EU and US governments are not banning this product from their markets, especially given the fact that Russia is not yet a WTO member and does not obey the rules of WTO.

It is rather a myth, and this statistics is easily explained by the fact that the very same malware is produced next door to the kaspersky lab, if not by the very same people - this helps to "protect" you from the viruses other AV progs have to recognize using their heuristic algorithms. However, you are totally delivered to the intentional distribution of malware with the updates. If you want to trust to KGB/FSB people, and have your PC working to attack your country or my country, you are on the best track to that with using KAV.

9. Thund3rball

Thund3rball I dont know, I'm guessing

Reputations:
    Hm, that's all fine and dandy but do you have any proof?

Seems a little pricey. I paid $30 for KIS two years ago and $50 to renew my subscription a year later, which came with 3 licenses (~$16/license), so I threw it on two other computers. I have to renew again in Feb 2009.

10. ivar

ivar Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What can be a proof on the forum... I exchange my opinion with (what seems to be a club of) KAV funboys here, :p and warn others before they spend their dollars for a product of a FSB(KGB) collaborateur.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.