K53TA.. The best deal ever... could be!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by UnXpectedError, Aug 8, 2011.

1. link626

link626 Asus GL502VM, Lenovo Y580, Asus K53TA

Reputations:
    anyone still using this laptop with the latest Windows?

Does it shut down properly?

The old version of Windows 10 I have installed would sometimes hang at shutdown.
    The screen would turn black, and just stay that way, requiring a hard shut down by holding the power button.

This usually happens after using the laptop for a whole day, and then something prevents full shutdown.

If I turn on the laptop and shutdown shortly after, it has no problem.

weird.

2. georgi

georgi Newbie

Reputations:
    i have kind o the same :D model Asus x54h i upgraded the ram to 8gb and CPU from i3 to i5 and now i am wondering if i can upgrade the screen to FHD
    my opinion is if you have around 300-350 $ u can get HP Elitebook 8770w
    that PC u can upgrade CPU GPU RAM and screen (and it is 17 inch) :D

3. dchinu

dchinu Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hum most of us are losing our dgpu to its age (atleast those machines still alive :).
    we need a fix : to bypass the dead Dgpu. Otherwise It either bsod during startup or blackscreen during shutdown randomly. This thing is still very much capable machine to our young ones.
    Bios version 214 with enabled fixed mode Flashed.
    But every version of Catalyst driver starting from OEM Asus one to our modified ones by leeKM 14.4 doesn't swich to manual fixed mode in Catalyst control center. Its will BSOD as soon as you select manual fixed mode but the settings doesn't change to fixed mode.

So even flashing fixed mode bios we are stuck on dynamic switching.
    We need Manual Fixed mode switching to Power saving graphics permanently. than we can disable the dgpu from safemode.
    Catalyst driver with fixed mode Power saving graphics set as default would do the trick. Just the opposite what we tried before to fixed mode to High performance graphics.
    I am looking in to catalyst driver ini settings but there is just too litle info on editing them.