K53TA.. The best deal ever... could be!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by UnXpectedError, Aug 8, 2011.

1. bschrib

bschrib Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    HTWingNut -- I'll be sure to dig around some time this week and see about popping the A6 back in so I can compare. Anyways I'm using Kingston HyperX (specifically these guys)

2. rinox

rinox Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    seen one on ebay for $535.00

3. offplanet

offplanet Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Don't get me wrong people, This is the best gaming laptop for the price I have ever had. I just buy laptops to tinker with and then sell them (at a loss of course). I bought this for the sole purpose of upgrade to 3530mx which did not pan out, It is still a great laptop with A6-3400m and I am sure future drivers will only make it better. On the memory issue 1600 worked on 3530mx at correct speed but did not work for me on a6-3400. Might be the low priced ram I bought. Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Laptop Memory Model F3-12800CL9S-4GBSQ

4. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Well no, that just confirms that A6 can NOT support 1600MHz, which was the theory going in based on information we received. Just nobody had actually confirmed it.

5. alxgom

alxgom Newbie

Reputations:
    I saw it from $600 at ebay :s , besides $500 is already the top of my budget.
    I'm from Argentina and $500 is already alot of money, besides i have %50 of import tax.
    I'd been an owesome replace for my pentium D, 512mb, 120GB desktop.

6. Sxooter

Sxooter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  7. Gintoki

Gintoki Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    From what I understood it just didn't run at 1600MHz but it worked.

8. offplanet

offplanet Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That is correct for the 1600MHz memory in my laptop. It worked with the A6-3400 but it only ran at 1333MHz. That doesn't mean another brand other than my G-Skill 1600Mhz won't work, but at this point I am not going to drop any more money into this Asus laptop (unless someone figures out the A8-3530mx). I have been a computer technician for over 30 years (started out on IBM mainframes) I even modified a IBM PCjr. back in the early 80's, But this just might be one of the few projects I have not made any progress on at all. NONE!

9. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Is there someplace else you can upload this file? The download gets to about 15%/23 mb and times out.

10. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm going to sell mine soon, only because I want to build a desktop for Battlefield 3. I'll send ya a PM.