K53TA.. The best deal ever... could be!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by UnXpectedError, Aug 8, 2011.

1. gumba213

gumba213 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think that was thermal paste, good eyes LOL

You must have visited my website Colorado Evolution Club to see the carnage... and BTW this forum sucks as far as functionality and design, half the crap is broke... if you guys want to see a well designed forum, check out my site, spent like 400 hours making it. And yes my evo blew up a few weeks ago... The rod bolt gave way and totally destroyed my shortblock. had over 500 ft/lbs of torque to the wheels on stock internals, it was bound to happen sooner or later... I will be rebuilding it with manley forged internals and a new ball bearing turbo in the coming months and should be putting down closer to 600 whp. Fast enough to stomp a new GTR. For you guys who like modding, don't get into cars, my car project is over $45K , you gotta pay to play but sometimes I think I am insane... then I realize theres others like my best friends who invested twice that... sheesh

2. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You're surprised? That's what most Evo owners do to their engines. ;) :p

3. murderwasthebass

murderwasthebass Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys. So any word on why the dedicated display adapter changed to 6750 after installing the latest chipset drivers from ASUS?

Also, my WEI gaming graphics went down to 5.9 from 6.2 after installing these new drivers. :(

EDIT: Interesting. Just found out why it went down to 5.9. Crossfire was enabled. If I disable crossfire and re run the assessment, the score goes back to 6.2.

4. ryanlecocq

ryanlecocq Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah, off topic again, but that's amazing you were pushing 500lb/ft stock. I personally think Mitsu benefits hugely from always playing underdog to Subaru in sales. They build their Evo to be slightly better in every way every year, while Subs keep getting crappier.

Back on topic(ish). Speaking of poorly optimized forum, I can't figure out how to change the title of the owner's lounge I started. I want to change it to A53TA/K53TA so owners of the new A53 know where to find all the useful information they will surely need. Do I need admin assist for that? I'm used to being able to edit the titles of threads I start myself at least.

5. link626

link626 Asus GL502VM, Lenovo Y580, Asus K53TA

Reputations:
    re: overclocking graphics card

anyone try modifying bios to lock clock speed ?

there was this Radeon BIOS editor tool from techpowerup that could tweak clock settings from the vbios. Not sure if it works for the 6650

6. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Evo X is far preferable to the last few years of STI's. Subaru has barely advanced their engine technology in the last 5-6 years, and it's a shame. Those engines need direct injection BADLY.

That being said, both cars are pretty overpriced for what you get thanks to all the recent competition in that sub-$40k price range.

7. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Guys, let's keep this thread on topic. If you want to talk about cars, please start a new thread here.

/back to you regularly scheduled K53TA discussion

8. arrowslinger

arrowslinger Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I got really excited last night!

AMD Catalyst 11.10 Preview driver

http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDCatalyst1110Previewdriver.aspx

<snip>

Vision Engine Control Center: User Interface enhancements have
    been implemented for the CrossfireX, GPU Overdrive, and Information Center
    pages.

<snip>

Then a beta tester popped into the thread:

:(

9. maj3stic

maj3stic Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    What's gpu overdrive? Is it like overclocking?

10. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations: