K53TA.. The best deal ever... could be!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by UnXpectedError, Aug 8, 2011.

1. DMHinGA

DMHinGA Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Try this chart: http://images.anandtech.com/doci/4444/amd-llano-dualgpu-branding.jpg

1) Sorry for the consecutive posts.
    2) Do you have screen recommendations? And, do you have a recommendation for a place to buy a screen. I don't trust any of the sites I've seen.

2. runtohell121

runtohell121 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    hmm.. AMD A8-3530MX.. might be a worth upgrade just for the crossfire... While changing the CPU, might as well mod the cooling system also to reduce temperature :D

3. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Awesome! Big rep for you. Looks like I'll throw in an A8-3530MX when I get bored. Can you run a 3dmark11 run @ 2.6 Ghz and Crossfire on to see where you're at?

4. runtohell121

Reputations:
    I notice that you're running at 3.0 GHz.. but the Intel Burn Test resulted in slower speed than my 2.4 GHz?

WEI @2.4 GHz
    http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/554/13573094.png

Intel Burn Test @2.4 GHz
    http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8611/unledzvtf.png

5. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Mine is the Samsung panel as well. It does have the graininess but only in the specific circumstances of turning the screen up to full brightness and sitting 6 inches away from the screen (essentially having my face pressed up against it).

To the person I'm quoting here - if you want to respond to multiple people, please use the multi-quote button immediately to the right of the regular quote button. Click multi-quote on all the people you want to respond to, then on the last person, click regular quote. The next page that opens will have all the selected quotes together, and you can respond in one post. Repeated consecutive single-response posts is a violation of forum rules so please be conscious of this.

6. bschrib

bschrib Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'll be happy to run that later today and get back to you.

Yeah mine seemed a bit disappointing. I'm going to take a look at my configuration, I've probably done something silly. Also I'm not quite satisfied with my thermal characteristics so I'll wind up redoing that once the MX-4 gets in.

7. slowsky

slowsky Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    runtohell: can you post your k10stat profile for your 1.2 GHz (Underclock)?

8. runtohell121

Reputations:
    ^^^It's the one posted at 2.4 GHz, just running in "Quiet Office" mode under Power4Gear which will downclock it to 1.2 GHz.

9. arrowslinger

arrowslinger Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I wonder if these needed a "burn in" mine is about 2 degrees cooler now than the first days I got it at idle.

My extra usb fans for my Cooler Master NotePal U2 will be here tomorrow, can not wait to see the difference of four fans compared to two.

10. slowsky

slowsky Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    according to some observations here, bios 207 either raised the fan speed or dropped the voltage. Did you update to bios 207?

my P6 @ 700 @ .700 volts is 37C at idle