K53ta-bbr6 Cooling Mods

Discussion in 'Asus' started by gumba213, Sep 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghost_207

ghost_207 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    thanks for the info

2. gumba213

gumba213 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    removed the heatsinks on top of the heat pipe, they were causing more heat. also removed the copper heat sinks off the gpu heat pipe, and placed them on the aluminum plating like before. also kept the aluminum heatsink on the gpu but turned it 90 degrees so the fan could blow on the coils more effectively. there was too much going on and it was causing more heat, removed a little and we are back down to 77C max cpu temps while playing dues ex

it appears dx has a stutter bug issue and I'm noticing it pretty bad in my gameplay very annoying

3. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Hmm, interesting that it was raising temperatures by putting the heatsinks on the heatpipes. Maybe the heat was dissipating along the pipe but didn't have the fan to cool it off effectively.

4. gumba213

Reputations:
    the additional heatsinks on the heat pipe basically acted like an air damn and wasn't letting air past it. The computer felt warmer to the touch, and air wasn't escaping properly. this should prove that the front air vents are actually very functional. It should be noted that the pc now feels considerably cool again.

5. gumba213

Reputations:
    Final Product updated on OP, I will add to it as necessary.Let me know if you do any modding of your own, I would like to see the results. Thanks - Steve

6. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you drop Anisotropic Filtering down to 4x, you'll get about 5 FPS gain with almost no loss in image quality. Also, if you have an external monitor, you can get better performance @ higher resolution with antialiasing off than at lower resolution with AA on.

7. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Aniso gives you clarity at a distance but not sure if it's really all that necessary in Deus Ex.

8. logos2000

logos2000 Newbie

Reputations:
    This looks pretty cool. Are any of the visual distortions corrected or improved with better cooling as well? I still can't get over the grainy, compression-type of look that this laptop gives on certain colours (and poor lcd... I can see the "matrix" of pixels in the monitor, reminiscent of old VGA monitors; which further contribute to graininess) I may return it for a laptop with just the plain 6520g.

9. Rorschach

Rorschach Notebook Virtuoso NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
  10. Sxooter

Sxooter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Have you updated your BIOS?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.