1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Just told warranty was voided by redoing thermal paste...

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by bertio, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bertio

bertio Notebook Consultant

Here is my fixit email from asus

Hi Bertio

I just spoke with you on the phone regarding your RMA with the G73. We decided we would repair your notebook except for the KB which we would leave alone. However, we have decided to go ahead and replace the KB so it should basically be like a brand new unit when you get it back. I do want to let you know that there will be a short delay because we don't have the motherboard in stock right now. I guess that means that we are going to replace the MB as well. If you don't hear anything from us by early next week, you can call and ask for me and I'll be able to check on the status for you. I don't think it will take very long for us to get the MB we need for your G73.

Best Regards,

XXXXXX

Technical Support department for further assistance can be reached by the following methods:

ASUS Troubleshooting: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-
    ASUS Member: ASUS Member Login
    ASUS Technical Mail Support System: ASUS Online Service

Thank you very much.

Customer Service Center.
    ASUSTek Computer Inc.

2. dc84

dc84 Notebook Enthusiast

that sounds full of confidence...

3. bertio

Imagine how I feel.

4. will_3505

will_3505 Newbie

I just got told that my warranty was voided because i removed the rear cover of my 2mo old g60jx. (removed rear cover to troubleshoot a rattle that i thought was the DVD drive, and found that the lower fan mount/standoff over the GPU is BROKEN)

5. will_3505

will_3505 Newbie

the guy also said that my problem sounded like CID(customer induced damage) :rolleyes:

6. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

how would they know that until they looked at it?

7. THX5334

THX5334 Notebook Evangelist

I just went through a similar thing with Dell and the battery on my M11x.

I really wish customer support at these places was on site and only staffed by real tech's that know and understand the product instead of outsourced to a guy who reads answers off a script. I wouldn't even have a problem with outsourcing if the reps were real techs and not just a phone worker one level above a telemarketer. Where each respond to the customer not by product knowledge but by a guided company script.

THIS is why I buy as many EVGA products as I can. 24hr tech support by real gamers and PC certified experts all here in sunny southern California.

Sorry to hear that. What a crock. Often when I feel I am getting the run around from a CS rep. I just call back and try different rep. I try to state my case a little clearer and slower, and more often than not I get the result I wanted or better.

How? Because one rep is more of a decent human being than the other.

You just gotta keep fishing :cool:

8. bertio

And never take no for an answer.

Sad part is I work in customer service and I hate it when someone acts like a *womens feminine cleansing product* because they know if they escalate the problem they will be taken care of out of fear from the company.

Other sad part is I tried being nice then after being a *womens feminine cleansing product* I got what I wanted...the cycle continues :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.